Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jerzy54

Cuttyhunk

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

I am planning a fishing trip on Cuttyhunk Island in the spring.

I am just wondering when is the best time to go, May or June?

I will try to make a reservations at Cuttyhunk Fishing Club.

Any ideas or suggestions.

Do you swim ? I'm going in June .. I never do well and always wonder if the canal is good .I got skunked last year, but usaully do catch some fish ,, just not Cutty fish .. I enjoy the people I go with and the house even though actually catching fish is hard work ,, Seems every June there's a lull while the fish are on those pinhead sandeels . If you charter from the house you'll do well . Eels do the best out there.,, Swim out to a rock and fish eels you'll do better . Seems the water is very shallow for a long way . I have an old publication of the Glory days out there and you wouldn't even think of fishing withouit a chummer.. You'd also be fishing bait . Plugs think distance ,,, BM atom Jr. ,,,needles,,, metal .. pencil poppers

View PostNo fish anywhere up here!

Yeah. Same thing apply to Montauk, just want to spend some quality time

out there and maybe just maybe I will get some luck.smile.gif

View PostDo you swim ? I'm going in June .. I never do well and always wonder if the canal is good .I got skunked last year, but usually do catch some fish ,, just not Cutty fish .. I enjoy the people I go with and the house even though actually catching fish is hard work ,, Seems every June there's a lull while the fish are on those pinhead sandeels . If you charter from the house you'll do well . Eels do the best out there.,, Swim out to a rock and fish eels you'll do better . Seems the water is very shallow for a long way . I have an old publication of the Glory days out there and you wouldn't even think of fishing withouit a chummer.. You'd also be fishing bait . Plugs think distance ,,, BM atom Jr. ,,,needles,,, metal .. pencil poppers

As for swimming, I am not equipped for swimming, just for rock hopping.

I heard some good stories about fishing up there and I want to change

scenery from were I am fishing right now. I am thinking just about plugging.

I am going just for a couple days to experience this great place.

There's 2 ferry's out of New Bedford ,, The CuttyHunk Ferry Co . and the Seahorse.. google .. I've taken both .. The CuttyHunk Ferry Co. is a larger ship 149 passenger.. Seahorse takes like 21 passengers .. Niether bring vehicles over .. A bike yes ,,, car no .. The island is tiny .. Most islanders drive golf carts out there we walk . Even a bike would be a PIA .. You'd have to keep coming back for it while working the beach ,, better to keep goiong ..

You leave your car in New Bedford on the pier in a fenced in area ,. They charge extra for that. Really not that big of a hassle.. ... Compare ferry schedules to each other .. sux Sunday waiting until 4:00pm to get the Ferry back when you could get back earlier .. Helps you decide wich your taking .

View PostThere's 2 ferry's out of New Bedford ,, The CuttyHunk Ferry Co . and the Seahorse.. google .. I've taken both .. The CuttyHunk Ferry Co. is a larger ship 149 passenger.. Seahorse takes like 21 passengers .. Niether bring vehicles over .. A bike yes ,,, car no .. The island is tiny .. Most islanders drive golf carts out there we walk . Even a bike would be a PIA .. You'd have to keep coming back for it while working the beach ,, better to keep goiong ..

You leave your car in New Bedford on the pier in a fenced in area ,. They charge extra for that. Really not that big of a hassle.. ... Compare ferry schedules to each other .. sux Sunday waiting until 4:00pm to get the Ferry back when you could get back earlier .. Helps you decide wich your taking .

Thanks ill check them out