Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pksurfish

Best dates for fishing RI surf

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

I usually surf fish the DE shore or travel to Hatteras, but I have relatives who now live in the Watch Hill/Westerly area. What would be the best time to visit them for good fishing from the beach? Ideal would be a time when plenty of fish, good chance for stripers of size, and weather that's a pleasure to fish in. I know none of you has a crystal ball but what months/times of those months gives me the best shot at this?

And what are the regs about driving on the beach? Where is that doable near where I am going, and would I need a special license to take my Jeep on the beach?

Any local bait and tackles you would recommend? A few years ago, I fished there in the summer and used Covedge, but I understand they went out of business.

Thanks much.

You'll be able to find fish anytime from mid-April through early Dec.For beach driving,and quantity fishing,try mid Sept.I think it'll cost you $150 to put your vehicle on the beach,plus the must have items.Let us know when you're coming,someone will hook you up.wink.gif

i hung all my big fish last year late aug. my fathers boat is at the old cove edge jim grey next store runs it for someone . jim i think is tring to take it to the next leval as far as bait and tackle ... bait is good tackle getting better

just read your profile your born 41 u get the all inclusive ability to drive right down into the light house parking lot at watch hill beers.gif a place near and dear to my heart ... my brother is the last one to run it for the coast guard .. not the same as the people that run it now

All of the posters above are sane and dependable. I only know HD and Whitey a little, but I like them. Dan and Bobby I would trust with my life. Any day.biggrin.gif

View PostAll of the posters above are sane and dependable. I only know HD and Whitey a little, but I like them. Dan and Bobby I would trust with my life. Any day.biggrin.gif

you cut me deep stew, you cut me deep wink.gif

seriously, I'd trust Bob with your life too cwm27.gif