Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rippinlips

Tek Finally Signs

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

icon13.gif I was hoping they'd give Bard a shot. Keep him away from Wakefield and I think he'd be an improvement over Varitek. Let Kotteras catch Wake. He must've caught Zink enough to be at least serviceable snatching butterflies.

View Posticon13.gif I was hoping they'd give Bard a shot. Keep him away from Wakefield and I think he'd be an improvement over Varitek. Let Kotteras catch Wake. He must've caught Zink enough to be at least serviceable snatching butterflies.

I think Bard gets his shot this year. Veritek will most likely play less than 90 games, yes a platoon player and that is only if he hits better than he did last year.

If not, anytime a pitcher plays that throw a major league fastball, veritek will be sitting down. Good insurance, he will be a steading influence on the pitching staff, but his playing days are coming to an end.

As far as Wakefield goes, I think he is a problem for the team. A great guy who does not cost much, can pitch well for several games, but he puts too much stress on the catcher and it seems less than a good plan to have a pitcher who requires his own catcher (veritek can not catch him) hopefully Bard has learned to (not sure how) catch him or can learn. I do not know if there are any takers for Wakefield, but I would see what his trade value is, maybe include him in a package to get the "next" catching prospect.

View PostGrats on the bad defensive catcher who'll hit .199!

But he calls a great game--haven't you heard?

Right now .200 is called the Mendoza line.

After next year .180 will be called the Varitek line cwm27.gif

cwm33.gifcwm33.gif

We need big 'yawn' icon. Does anybody really care about the RS Captain Intangibles?

Funniest thing was Boras beatin.gif floating the rumor that Tek would sit out a year instead of taking the insulting 5M offer. Puleeze.

Sox should rip the C off Variteks's jersey and give it to Youk.

I do not know if there are any takers for Wakefield, but I would see what his trade value is, maybe include him in a package to get the "next" catching prospect.
Never gonna happen.

Boy, talk about shooting yourself in the cleats . . . Varitek and Boras really screwed this deal up. 'Tek would have been the highest paid .200 hitter in baseball?

But as far as I can see, there are NO real winners now.

'Tek, for obvious reasons looks like an idiot for not taking arbitration in the first place . . . probably an $8 million dollar mistake.

Scotty Boras (again) looks to be just another greedy agent who cannot seem to read the free agent market. (is there a bigger misnomer?) Just like A-Rod last year.

The RedSox now face the prospect having a disgruntled/embarassed 'Tek on their roster after having to accept RS management's lowball offer.

I wish Tech all the best, never any BS from him> My wife got me the picture of him dumping A fraud for Christmas. I hung it next to the 2007 Game 1 world series pic. I was lucky enuf to see in game two in person.. Good luck Jason!!

View PostI wish Tech all the best, never any BS from him> My wife got me the picture of him dumping A fraud for Christmas. I hung it next to the 2007 Game 1 world series pic. I was lucky enuf to see in game two in person.. Good luck Jason!!

They're all tough with a mask on.