Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wager

My first cross wrap...

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Wow! that really looks good. icon14.gif I tried a crosswrap last year, and gave up. It was really sloppy. I'm doing a simple diamond wrap right now, and its coming out much better. I may get the courage up to try one like yours in the future. Again, Nice job!

I actually started and stopped on this a couple of times because i couldn't get my crossing points setup correctly. I finally just figured i would go ahead and do it all the way to the end and even though my intersect points weren't in the right spot i was able to cram more threads into the patter to close spaces and I was able to pack in both the up and down directions to get everything closed as well. when i got close the the finish i had parts of the pattern completely closed and parts that could have taken ten more threads but by pulling the closed areas apart to fit more threads and some creative packing of the still open spots it all came together. Definitely don't be afraid to give a closed wrap a try. you can fix most mistakes at the end.

Wager, grerat job on the Curved Triangles. It's nice to get feedback like that, it reinforces that going down to High Point to promote teh craft and show people willing to learn teh tricks is well worth teh efforts.

For those who wish they can do stuff like this... I'm obviously biased but as Wager posted - teh book I wrote covers everythign you need to know on this topic. TimS sells teh book here in the online store, click teh book in my signature and order it from him - the name of the book is Decorative WRaps.