Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wager

Waste high boot foot waders...

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

most of you guys proably don't want waist high waders but i was wondering if anyone knew if there was any manufacturer making waste high boot foot waders. Plenty make the stocking foot waist highs but no one seems to make them in boot foot. i would really love to have a pair of these for summer fishing on the beach when I'm not looking to wade out to any bars.

Chest waders come in stockingfoot or bootfoot and as the name states thay come up to your chest. Hip boots come up to the top of your legs. leaving the crotch area wide open, you really don't want them for fishing the beach. Your post is kinda' murky, hope this helps.

sorry, didn't mean to confuse. most manufacturers are making chest waders, hip boots, and also waders that come up to your waist and essentially fit just like a pair of pants. the problem that I am having is that i can find these waist high waders in stocking foot but I can not find anyone that makes them in boot foot.

Thanks Steve, I'm hoping to track down a pair of breathables.

Flow, i've been doing the same thing but really would like the waist highs so I can keep from having to roll the chest waders down. inevitably the straps start to get in the way and bug me.

I got a set from Cabelas. They have boot foots in neoprene and breathable. I effed up and bought the neoprene. Under $100.00 but, too hot. redface.gif

View PostA lot of the chest waders can be converted to waist high. Some of the Orvis models do this.

I have a pair of orvis breathables that fold down to the waist that ihave used for years. Not the most durable but more than adequate for my needs. Nice to be able to roll the top down when it is hot and the extra height is not needed.

View PostI have been looking for such a product for years ...good luck... I am thinking of having a seamstress cut my bootfoot chest waders and putting on some belt loops.

I have a pair of stocking foot breathable waist highs and like them very much for calm conditions when I don't have to wade deep or worry about waves & spray, but the wading shoes are a PIA and I'd prefer boot foots.

I bought a pair of waist high boot foot neoprenes for cooler conditions, but they did not work out well at all. Waist high neoprenes seem to be cut for "Joe Average," who apparently is a little heavy because the waders were for about a 40+" waist and I am a 33" waist. They fit terrible and all that extra neoprene material is too thick and heavy to fold over under your belt like I can do with breathables, so the neoprene waist highs were given away to a bigger friend.

I just checked Cabela's and did not see a boot foot breathable waist high wader, like Wager was asking about. Maybe I am missing it, odasan?

A friend cut off a pair of chest high breathables just like jfbasser is talking about and they have worked well for a couple seasons. I might do the same thing this year with a cheap pair of chest highs I bought last November just to get me through the end of the season. The waist highs really are comfortable and convenient when you are moving from spot to spot and conditions are not too rough & wet. And they're great when you have to take a leak...tongue.gif

Snowbees catalogs a bootfoot waist high, I think, but I have never seen it in a store and do not know the price or warranty.

Anyone have any other ideas?