Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PurpelNoon

Daiwa GrandWave30 vs Daiwa Saltiga Surf30

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Couldn't find exactly what I needed via the search.

I currently use a Grand Wave 30. With 30lb mono it casts very well compared to my Abu 7000s. Since they stopped making the GrandWave, am I better off selling it and upgrading to the Saltiga? Granted I would have to sell a few things to make up for the price difference since the Salitga is more expensive. How would it perform compared to the GW? Thanks!

same thing, just cosmetically different, with different materials.

a gwz30 is the same as a shv30. ive used them all before and prefer a shv or gwz because of its weight.

if you want the metal body, get a saltist 30h. more bargain then a sas30.

I agree with Ooeric. The Grandwave is basically the same reel as the SHV except with the infinite anti-reverse bearing. I also have a Saltist that's a tad heavier than my SHV's/GW's - I prefer the lighter reels. The Saltist has a more sturdy frame, star drag and handle than the SHV's/GW's, but that doesn't make it a better reel, IMHO.

parts for the gwz are interchangeable with the SHV and SHA line. so parts are a plenty. minus, the IAR bearing. which you can put into a SHV/sha and transform it to a gwz.

aint no clicker as loud as my grandwave clicker!!!

another big thing about the grandwave vs the sha or shv is the bearings as well. plus having a grand wave is nice.

the saltist is great and the gearbox is pushed out of the way id go with that over the saltiga mainly cuz of the price.

if you like the grandwave youll like the saltist, those two seem very similar cept the frame.