Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bubba

Bailless reels -- why?

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

View PostCause i got tired to donating $30 plugs to the sea due to bail closures on the cast.

View Postone reason to do it is that there are times when the bail snaps shut... and you loose a $30 plug...

View PostIf you don't have a bail it can't snap shut and send those pretty custom lures you just bought in the BST sailing off into oblivion. You can get used to bailless pretty easily.

Seeing a pattern here? wink.gif

That's what I figured, but you know, its only happened to me once in all the years I've been fishing. Seems like going without the bail increases your chances for nasty birds nests, no?

look its a real simple thing take it off get use to fishing with out it and you will ask yourself why you didn't do it sooner really it like they all said it save when the bail shuts and a 30 dollar goes sailing away......shaky.gif

One less thing to corrode, break or get filled with sand.

And I think it does help eliminate windknots and birdsnests. Once you begin using one you will begin feathering your casts with your forefinger. Since getting my 1st bailess, I now feather my casts with bailed reels too and I think it helps eliminate windknots. Only problem is when I use a bailed reel it takes a few minutes of casting before I stop trying to hook the line on the roller.

I still prefer bails ... but got the bailess to prevent lost lures.

I'm going to try removing the bail trip on my reels I close my bails manually anyway. It should reduce the amount of false trips that occur.

There are a few reasons why a bailess reel is better than a reel with a bail.

Reason # 1 less mechanical parts so less chance for failure and fewer parts to replace, reason # 2 you can actually live-line with a bailess spinning reel, cant do that with a bail unless you open the bail, so that is a big plus for the guys that dont know how to use a conventional reel, reason # 3 in my opinion bailess spinning reels have a much stronger and better roller than reels with a bail.

To some degree a bailess reel will help prevent the line from snapping during a cast because there is no bail to close prematurely BUT line breaking during a cast can also happen with a bailess because the line can get caught on the roller specially if the roller is not positioned correctly before a cast.

Curious Live line a bailess but not a bailed?

If a fish takes the bait and takes the line out fast how do you put the line on the roller without slicing your fingers?

View PostThere are a few reasons why a bailess reel is better than a reel with a bail.

Reason # 1 less mechanical parts so less chance for failure and fewer parts to replace, reason # 2 you can actually live-line with a bailess spinning reel, cant do that with a bail unless you open the bail, so that is a big plus for the guys that dont know how to use a conventional reel, reason # 3 in my opinion bailess spinning reels have a much stronger and better roller than reels with a bail.

To some degree a bailess reel will help prevent the line from snapping during a cast because there is no bail to close prematurely BUT line breaking during a cast can also happen with a bailess because the line can get caught on the roller specially if the roller is not positioned correctly before a cast.