Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rustyjigz

Little Flat Brook, Pequest

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Thinking on hitting one or the other friday. Has anyone been there lately? I am going regardless just wondering if the water flow is up or is it still low...

Thanks guys!

I was there for my 1st time on sat and was nymphing plenty of water and probably alot more since last weekend. Hatchery is really cool. Didn't catch though. I fished the conservation area and downstream. not sure how much snow they got but I bet is was 8" or more and then some rain on top.

View PostI was there for my 1st time on sat and was nymphing plenty of water and probably alot more since last weekend. Hatchery is really cool. Didn't catch though. I fished the conservation area and downstream. not sure how much snow they got but I bet is was 8" or more and then some rain on top.

Thanks VOVO! That hatchery is something! I usually do very well there with size 20 BH hairs ear nymphs. Oh and on warmer days on size 18 and 20 BWO (Blue Winged Olives) and same size caddis flies, when they are hatching.

View PostI'm just off the Flatbrook in Sussex County, near Camp Linwood McDonald. I'd come prepared to deal with some shelf ice, but you can get to the water.

Thanks passiton. Thats why I really was leaning towards the pequest, for that exact reason.