Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
greendak93

DBlue Rods

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

I sadly had to sell my Dblue 11' TC4 recentlycrying.gif. Maybe the most bang for the buck of any rod I've handled, if the butt section wasn't too long for me I'd still have it. The TC4 for the price was such a bargain I didn't consider the lesser classic model but I'm sure they are good for the money as well. 3 year warranty, great components, great pricecwm40.gif...you can't go wrong really.

View PostI sadly had to sell my Dblue 11' TC4 recentlycrying.gif. Maybe the most bang for the buck of any rod I've handled, if the butt section wasn't too long for me I'd still have it. The TC4 for the price was such a bargain I didn't consider the lesser classic model but I'm sure they are good for the money as well. 3 year warranty, great components, great pricecwm40.gif...you can't go wrong really.

I had a factory two piece that I loved the action of. Same problem, butt section too long. No problem, cut the reel seat off and scrape the foam grips off. Wrap with cork tape and now it's my go to rod. I love it and I saved a ton of money over a custom.

I currentlt have 4:

10' 1-1 1/2 oz TC4 spinner

10' 2-5 oz Classic Graphite Spinner

11' 1-2 1/2 oz Light SuperNova Spinner

11' 4" 1-5 oz TC4 Casting

They are all good rods for a great peice. I received one broken in shipment. Customer service was fantastic. They sell a lot of different rods (spinning). You should be able to find one that fits your needs. They also sell rods designed to be used from kayaks.

I highly recommend Dblue rods.

I own them all, the butt section is "perfect for me" for snap casting and power casting ... best bang for the buck out there.. but they are not "cheap rods" the TC4 series is "pro level" a workhorse rod!'

I LOVE MINE!

View PostI own them all, the butt section is "perfect for me" for snap casting and power casting ... best bang for the buck out there.. but they are not "cheap rods" the TC4 series is "pro level" a workhorse rod!'

I LOVE MINE!

Quick hijackredface.gif : If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you John? The butt end to middle of reel seat was 29" on the TC4 - 11' and I'm more comfy with around 25".

Hi,

I'm 6,1" 350lbs pig2.gif

The Dblue rods are a 10 minute job to cut down the butt if you need to.

And that TC4 blank casts fantastic! way over 100 yards..

View PostHi,

I'm 6,1" 350lbs pig2.gif

The Dblue rods are a 10 minute job to cut down the butt if you need to.

And that TC4 blank casts fantastic! way over 100 yards..

I was considering cutting it but was worried about the balance with a light reel. Once you cut it there is no going back, I just didn't want to risk ruining an otherwise great rod.redface.gif I am shorter than you and 29 inches reel to butt was enough to get in my way and make casting less comfortable than it should be. I am currently considering emailing Dblue back to see if they can move/modify the seat for me on the TC4 11' or just going with a Tica Dolphin 10' 6" as it is.confused.gif

View PostDo they do custom jobs? Thinking about the 10ft M spinner with a plate reel seat. Love those things!

Probably not, but worth asking before I downgrade to a Tica TC3 Dolphin for more moneyfrown.gif.

View PostProbably not, but worth asking before I downgrade to a Tica TC3 Dolphin for more moneyfrown.gif.

they will, but you will have to wait till they get there new blanks in, probably 4 months or so.

View Postthey will, but you will have to wait till they get there new blanks in, probably 4 months or so.

Thanks for the heads up I'll email them today. I can wait til the next batch, its totally worth it. Dblue rocks!biggrin.gif

View PostDo they do custom jobs? Thinking about the 10ft M spinner with a plate reel seat. Love those things!

probably they can special order it because I asked Quentin (one the guys that sells the rods) that I need one 10.6" and 12' for my friends he told me to let him know when my friends are ready so he was going to see what he can do, I got the 11 TC4 2-7 Oz. and 10 TC4 1-2 1/2 OZ. They Great Rods, I also have the supernova and others older models no tc4,s. when I'm fishing Montauk I like to use the 11' TC4 good for big plugs and strong rod (back bone), I'm not afraid of lifting fish with it, when I'm fishing Lamis RA 1322-2 or XS101MS I have to be more carefull no to lift the fish with them or they can break.

that's the only thing I don't like is the 29 inches from butt to the center of reel seat but when I using pencil poppers it's nice to have those extra inches.