Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishaholicDoug

Rough winter

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Been pretty tough this winter with the wicked cold temps and the cabin fever. Already rigged all the sluggos and changed hooks on my plugs. Just wanted to see what everyone else is doing to deal. Goin' ice fishin' sunday but it just aint the same.

Been ebayin' it up, making pre-rigged 3 ways, sharpening hooks, ordering massive amounts of lead sinkers, working on pouring my own swimbaits, using google earth to scope some structure, and studying my A** off.

I'm suffering, and I found myself drinking a lot more than ever, just to make the rest of the night fly by.

Idk man, idk what to do. It's just draaaaaaaagging and I can't handle it.

Yesterdays storm really sucked! Turned to pouring rain before I finished the driveway. That crap was freekin heavy!

I do just about nothing fishing related in the winter. Stuff is still ready from last year. Just got a 100 plugs to untangle. Ever pick up one plug that attached to 50 more? With some braid wrapped in for a nice mess biggrin.gif

View PostYesterdays storm really sucked! Turned to pouring rain before I finished the driveway. That crap was freekin heavy!

I do just about nothing fishing related in the winter. Stuff is still ready from last year. Just got a 100 plugs to untangle. Ever pick up one plug that attached to 50 more? With some braid wrapped in for a nice mess biggrin.gif

The kids snapper floats are friggin perfect for that, like velcro!