surfflyfish4stripers

Braid Line colors, what are the real facts?

Rate this topic

53 posts in this topic

There's a lot of people who don't like using certain color braid lines.certain people like white others yellow and others green.

what's the reality of braided lines and the fact that the color would actually will spook fish?

what is your favorite and why?smile.gif

I have always used green PP, this year I am using sufix hi vis yellow for 2 reasons, my vision is just not the same frown.gif (getting old sucks) I fish mostly at night so I need all the help I can with visibility, the other reason I got a good deal on the bulk spool.

Most guys buy what they can afford, braid is not cheap frown.gifcwm31.gif so if guys find a good deal they buy it, be it green, white, yellow.

Some guys do prefer one color over the next but that is a matter of personal preference.

View PostI have always used green PP, this year I am using sufix hi vis yellow for 2 reasons, my vision is just not the same frown.gif (getting old sucks) I fish mostly at night so I need all the help I can with visibility, the other reason I got a good deal on the bulk spool.

Most guys buy what they can afford, braid is not cheap frown.gifcwm31.gif so if guys find a good deal they buy it, be it green, white, yellow.

Some guys do prefer one color over the next but that is a matter of personal preference.

What he said.I use green in pp and Suffix,blacck in fireline,because I fish nights.That being said,I tried the white powerpro once because it was all I could find.I didn't like it,but the visibility was better.I wonder if the visibility was better for the fish?biggrin.gif

View PostWhat he said.I use green in pp and Suffix,blacck in fireline,because I fish nights.That being said,I tried the white powerpro once because it was all I could find.I didn't like it,but the visibility was better.I wonder if the visibility was better for the fish?biggrin.gif

Wow black braided line at night? I thought the whole reason people use black lures at night is to create a stand out silhouette that allows the fish to identify the profile and make your lure more attractive.

So isn't this the same with black braided line? Will it not stand out more at night like a black lure? confused.gif Just putting it out there for discussion. I've only used green, I'm not yet an old geezer with bad eye sight cwm12.gif

white braid or any braid without pigment will be stronger in comparison to the colored counterpart.

About black at night, isn't any opaque dark color black at night. Including pp moss green???

I fish non-levelwind conventional reels. I like white the best with yellow a close second. The reason is that I can look down and see how well I am leveling better at night. With a 12 foot leader, I don't think the color makes any difference to the fish.

View Postwhite braid or any braid without pigment will be stronger in comparison to the colored counterpart.

About black at night, isn't any opaque dark color black at night. Including pp moss green???

Didn't know white braid is stronger than pigmented braid.

View PostThere's a lot of people who don't like using certain color braid lines.certain people like white others yellow and others green.

what's the reality of braided lines and the fact that the color would actually will spook fish?

what is your favorite and why?smile.gif

Do the manufacturers make line (braid and mono) in different colors so it will be camouflaged well in different "colored" waters? Why do they make it in different colors? Aside from the obvious such as visibilty for the angler who fishes at night.

View Postwhite braid or any braid without pigment will be stronger in comparison to the colored counterpart.

not sure why this would be the case?? headscratch.gif

I'm under the assumption that spectra doesn't hold dye and eventually your PP or suffix is going to fade to whitish gray, regardless of what color it originally was.

View Postnot sure why this would be the case?? headscratch.gif

I'm under the assumption that spectra doesn't hold dye and eventually your PP or suffix is going to fade to whitish gray, regardless of what color it originally was.

Maybe it has something to do with deflection/absorption of the sun's rays. Or absorption of atmospheric gases like ozone. cwm40.gif

so regardless the color,stripers wont be spooked?or an albie?

is like mono vs flouro,the fight goes for the one with less visibility under the water.on clear lines i know it all depend in water condition.

so basically is the same with braided pp.

thank you for the advice.

beers.gif

I use power pro. Different colors so I know at a glance what pound test is on my spool. Most of the time I fish yellow 30lb. I always use a mono leader from 18" to 36". The fish don't seem to care wink.gif. I like yellow or white, easy to see and tie knots.

White 20lb

Yellow 30lb

red40lb

green 50lb

View PostI use power pro. Different colors so I know at a glance what pound test is on my spool. Most of the time I fish yellow 30lb. I always use a mono leader from 18" to 36". The fish don't seem to care wink.gif. I like yellow or white, easy to see and tie knots.

White 20lb

Yellow 30lb

red 40lb

green 50lb

color coded # test rating = cwm40.gif. clapping.gifsmile.gif

I've used white, yellow, red, green, and blue. I have yet to notice any difference. I still catch fish regardless of line color.

I will also note that I have not seen any difference in line strength due to different colors.