Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eddy

Mayor Bloomberg Declares War On ... Salt

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

http://wcbstv.com/politics/bloomberg....2.920343.html

Singer Jimmy Buffett will never find his "lost shaker of salt" in New York City or any other place in the country if Mayor Michael Bloomberg has his way. The mayor is waging a war on salt and he wants food manufacturers and restaurants to join his army ... or else.

The city's plan is to get food manufacturers in the United States to agree to gradually start reducing salt content until it reaches a 50 percent cut in 10 years.

"Salt, when its high in the diet, increases the blood pressure and high blood pressure is a major factor for heart disease and stroke," said Dr. Sonia Angell of NYC's Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Program.

This is just Mayor Bloomberg's latest health initiative, following on the heels of a smoking ban, a ban on trans fats and forcing restaurants to post the calorie contents.

Just wait, someday they'll come after us and ban fishing.

View PostHe and/or the NY Governor want a 17%-18% obesity tax on sugary soda too.frown.gif

but don't worry, they'll never come for stuff we like.

they're all about freedom too.

View PostHe and/or the NY Governor want a 17%-18% obesity tax on sugary soda too.frown.gif

Just plain silly. Every obese person I know ALWAYS has diet coke while eating a pepperoni pizza with an italian sub on the side. Only skinny people drink regular soda.

I'd agree the salt thing is stepping a bit over the line but at the same time I don't like salt. I either get saltless chips or the reduced 50% salt chips. I can't figure how people eat regular amount salt crap. BTW, Pepper tastes better on almost anything you'd normally put salt on.....

John

View PostI'd agree the salt thing is stepping a bit over the line but at the same time I don't like salt. I either get saltless chips or the reduced 50% salt chips. I can't figure how people eat regular amount salt crap. BTW, Pepper tastes better on almost anything you'd normally put salt on.....

John

I hate liberals and democrats.

ban them too.

beers.gifbeers.gifbeers.gif

View PostI'd agree the salt thing is stepping a bit over the line but at the same time I don't like salt. I either get saltless chips or the reduced 50% salt chips. I can't figure how people eat regular amount salt crap. BTW, Pepper tastes better on almost anything you'd normally put salt on.....

John

clapping.gif for you. In general, lower salt intake = better health. Salt can decrease the ID of blood vessels which increases BP, Right?

John

Now that's awfully selfish of you. Because YOU don't like salt doesn't mean for those that do should be punished. Personally, I love salt. Ironically, I'm as fit as you'll find.

Bottom line, this is liberalism personified...Politicians telling me what is best for me.

Eff them and eff their advise.

I'll live and die doing what I want to do to.

On a side note, I'm eating some salt n vinegar chips right now and they are deliciouso!

"Now that's awfully selfish of you."

Soundfisher, It WOULD be selfish if I agreed salt should be banned because I don't like it. But I didn't. There's the difference, I can see the line being crossed and I don't agree it would be the right thing to do.....

John