Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bridgerat

WTB Travel Rod

7 posts in this topic

did a ton of research on this last year before i went to the bahamas on vacation, heres what i came up with....i settled on a 3-piece. there are a bunch of companies out there with travel rods(BPS, cabelas, penn, st croix, ll bean...etc., you need to decide on price and how often its gonna be used.....i decided that i would really only use it 2-3 times a year so i didn't need to drop hundreds of dollars on a rod...(rather spend it on a good everyday surf rod) at the end i knew i wanted a med action 7' spinner....i was torn between the penn travel, bass pro sea strike, and tsunami trophy travel. the penn was about $120., the BPS model was around $80, and the tsunami was $65. i decided on the tsunami not only for price but have had a few tsunamis the last few seasons for knock around loaner rods and had good luck with them, and never a problem.....it is a bit on the heavy side, rated i think 10-25 lb not sure on that, but brought it down to florida and landed a bunch of jack crevalle, blue runners, and a couple snook some fish into the 10-12 lb range and rod held up really nice...fits good diagnally in my large suitcase and matched it with a penn slammer 460...love it.....cant wait til florida this year....any questions if have shoot me a PM....

I just picked up a Albright Travel Rod in a 8'6 because I wanted a little longer for casting! I have a couple from Bass Pro Ocean series 7' one spinning & one bait casting. I like the longer because I can get more distence with it! There are many out there maybe do a google search. I'm real happy with the Albright! Just make sure that it the tube isn't to long where you can't carry on or slip it in your luggage! Good Luck

View Postthanks for the info guys. Before I buy new, anyone have a rod or combo they want to part with?

I have a St Croix Tidemaster TS70MF3 in excellent condition, it's a 7' 3 piece, it sits in the back of my wagon and sadly, it seldom gets to see the light of day or fished.

I'd do a search here to see what other SOL'ers have to say about this rod, and also google it, you will find it very capable and highly regarded.

If you are still interested after doing some research, let me know.

I don't think you can beat that $65.00 Rod that Shoreman got for the price! Like I said I have 4 & W/ Shipping & all they were around a $100.00 each! It's your call! Now if you were looking for a fly rod I got at least 8 I could offer.

View PostI have a St Croix Tidemaster TS70MF3 in excellent condition, it's a 7' 3 piece, it sits in the back of my wagon and sadly, it seldom gets to see the light of day or fished.

I'd do a search here to see what other SOL'ers have to say about this rod, and also google it, you will find it very capable and highly regarded.

If you are still interested after doing some research, let me know.

I see the rating is up to 3/4 oz. on the MF3. Is that accurate? I was looking for something a little higher maybe to 1 1/2. What are you looking to get for it?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0