Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BassinJ

Monmouth Beach - Spring Strategies

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

When spring comes along I'll be fishing around the Monmouth beach area, just wanted to know some tactics for fishing this type of the year, I made the post in the Jersey forum because I'm not sure if what applies to those other guys fishing montauk etc, applies to me.

This will be my first spring striper fishing (April - May), typically I'd be trout fishing this time of the year, but I've really been getting into plugging lately and I am determined to get a bass in the 30inch+ range. Is there any important info to know for fishing in the spring? Are there any certain baits around, herring, bunker etc? Or is that more of a thing you have to ask and find out rather then happens yearly.

I always hear alot about fishing topwaters during the spring, so I am assuming topwaters are real hot that time of the year? Any specific plugs that work best in spring?

Thanks for any help, hopefully my first spring of plugging will be a good one redface.gif.

Hey guys, I'm also looking for some tips/strategies for the monmouth beach/long branch area. Can you help me also TinCup? I'd love to learn how to fish artificials in spring, I've only done bait before..

Also how do you PM someone? Can I PM you too TinCup?! Thanks, looking forward to your expertisecwm12.gif

Guys, the strategies are going to be the same from MB all the way to 'Squan inlet.

Actually that may not be true this season. Beach replenishment changes (kills) everything mad.gif

View PostGuys, the strategies are going to be the same from MB all the way to 'Squan inlet.

Actually that may not be true this season. Beach replenishment changes (kills) everything mad.gif

I haven't been down since fall, are the jetties still there!?! cwm31.gif

At least you could fish at the tip of a jetty at high tide and not worry about getting wet? cwm27.gif

View PostGonna be a whole new scene. Lots of guys headscratch.gif and looking for past honey holes.

that's why i have a new game plan in the works... it involves, oh wait, won't disclose that here cwm27.gif see you at surf day, i'll bring the coffee wink.gif