Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drako

Fishing Info not Town Tavern

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Dont want to sound like a Azz, but i believe we should keep this section for fishing info in fla....

Not some of the other things i have read recently....You have a town tavern or myspace for another things.

The reason i say this...because let say a new person joins and we tell them to go do a search on a certain subject.

He goes and does a search and has to read thru a bunch of unrelated threads until he find one with info...

Don't know about the rest of you...but that just a big pain in the axx reading thru a bunch of BS...beatin.gif

If i search for "Redfish" and threads are about crapola that has nothing to do with "Redfish"

Wouldnt you get upset also....

Yea there arent alot of threads like that cwm13.gif so why would it hurt...well because than others will also start doing it

and before you know it...we have a crap load of useless threads...

Just my .02 beers.gif

You're pissed because I told the fishing world I got the hiccups and Rav. wants to know if I found some hot a$$ worth keeping around???? Tough titties, we can have some fun down here too.

This section is slow enough it can use all it gets! On top of that, it is about the members here as a community, not about recruiting perspective members by providing them with good threads for searching.

Sorry but I aint feelin ya on this one man.

View PostYou're pissed because I told the fishing world I got the hiccups and Rav. wants to know if I found some hot a$$ worth keeping around???? Tough titties, we can have some fun down here too.

This section is slow enough it can use all it gets! On top of that, it is about the members here as a community, not about recruiting perspective members by providing them with good threads for searching.

Sorry but I aint feelin ya on this one man.

cwm27.gif I for one love the off topic threads, kind of refreshing. Sure beats the other threads about where to fishtongue.gif Drako you need to lighten up brotherwink.gif

Guys i am not upset or pissed...but look at it from a person doing a search for let say "Snapper fishing" and than he ends up

reading on how much a person is trying to score with girlskooky.gif

or i go to the fla reports and there is a thread about

Hicups...headscratch.gif none have anything to do with fishing...maybe myspace but not fishing...

Fishing reports in fla are all slow right now, not just in this forum.

But if i want to talk about ufc/fighting/football...

i go to the sport section

If want to talk about obama than i go to that section....

If this bother nobody else than heck with what i am saying....keep on chit chatting about snappers and hicups....

Oh its slow down here in fla right now with all the cold fronts we have been having back to back of each other.

Go to any other fl fishing forum and look for reports...but than again its winter and we always slow down during the

winter...

Again i am not pissed or upset i just would like to talk about fishing in the fishing section...i just would hate to

see threads ....

I had a fever today

I got the runs today

I hate my job today....cwm13.gif and so on....headscratch.gif

View Post

not about recruiting perspective members by providing them with good threads for searching.

kooky.gif

The search is also for members that are looking to come down to fla to fish and and instead of asking alot of questions.

They narrow everything down by doing a "Search" first than if they cant find something they come back and ask questions....

The search is also a great tool for "New People" looking for infor in that certain section like....

fl fishing reports>.....I would think i would see things about "Fishing in fla" not how any hicups you are having today or if

you got to score last nite...headscratch.gif

Again guys this is just my .02 i am not trying to put anybody down.

I am just discussing something and if everybody else is okay with it

Hey than that it....We are just debating a new issueshaky.gif

Nothing more....

I hear what you're sayin, I just dont agree at all. Nothing personal, I think you're a cool guy and you've given me lots of info that most would not likely divulge and I appreciate that.

BUT I dont feel its ONLY about reports, because real fisherman are not report chasers. Reports are cool and fun to read when you cant get out on the water. We should also discuss the how who's and why's of the fish we target. Aside from that us being the Florida community should be able to have conversation with eachother about any other things we desire, so long as they are not vulger or completely inappropriate. As far as I see it nobody has said anything of such natures.

Its not like the forums are flooded with junk and b.s. We're just passing the down time and keeping in touch with one another.

Maybe you need some Snapper? I could use a wingman, you know!

If not...Well just pray you dont get a bad case of the hiccups.beatin.gif

I don't know about that. These forums are about community and not just about reports. You have a point, but if you look at some of the other regional forums, you will see that it is not just limited to fishing discussions.

View PostI don't know about that. These forums are about community and not just about reports. You have a point, but if you look at some of the other regional forums, you will see that it is not just limited to fishing discussions.

Look at the RI forumsmile.gif

Vin, don't let out the RI secrets - the florida section will look like that if you aren't careful. Everytime you mention catching a fish somewhere, someone will call you a spot burner.

Steve

This forum reminds me a lot like the old one I used to frequent while I was in CT. It was often slow.....especially in the winter and guys would bring up something interesting to keep things lively and often good friendships would come of it.

I think this forum will change from time to time as far as content goes depending on the change of seasons that alters the fishing report content and the change of members.....some join/others leave.

If someone wants to do a search in our forum for something then they can weed through the stuff to find what they want. The stuff we post is so general that it doesn't really help anyway. If that person spends enough time here and develops some relationships with the people here then they will be able to PM questions directly with their friends and I think that is what this website is all about.

I have made so many good friends on here from Maine to California....and they certainly weren't all made on topics that were only fishing related in a certain regional forum.

I'm all for having an open format.....no rules about fishing only topics. It would be too boring IMO.

Peace out.

again guys it just my .02 and we know that means crapbiggrin.gif

I would just hate to see it become to much of a

open section....

Hell we derail threads already and that keeps most of the threads

going anywaykooky.gifbiggrin.gif

anyway...carry on

Again Brett this wasnt to put you down...if we can't debate something

than we will end up in locked threads all the timebeers.gif

But i will say this....if you are going to talk about snappers....at least

post some pictures...wink.gif

Drako, you wont see any "Snapper" pictures here. At least according to FWC, there are none around. biggrin.gif

But back to the origional issue, I see nothing wrong with the occasional posting of non fishing stuff as long as its clean. Heck, we talk about hurricanes all the time during the season. How else am I supposed to check on Rav?

I've been around here since 2001. The winter time has always brought about some strange topics. We cant go fishing = folks get cranky. kooky.gif