Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianBM

Watch Your Butt, People

16 posts in this topic

The weather that's coming into the East Coast overnight and through tomorrow promises to make driving in the morning bad, and in the evening, gawdawful. Temperatures right at the freezing point means that every overpass is going to be glazed, the roadside decorated with spun-out idiots.

Buckle in tight. Hang pillows along the sides of your car or truck. Mount a dummy with a machine gun on the roof.

And if you live, come back tomorrow night and post stories about What I Saw.

Marvelous--and I have to drive from the Cape to Long Island tomorrow. frown.gif

Can't wait to deal with LI roads and LI drivers under those conditions kooky.gif

View PostMarvelous--and I have to drive from the Cape to Long Island tomorrow. frown.gif

Can't wait to deal with LI roads and LI drivers under those conditions kooky.gif

I hope you're doing the ferry,especially in bad weather 95 sucks!!

View PostI hope you're doing the ferry,especially in bad weather 95 sucks!!

That could be the plan. I'm sure I can get on with standby from New London cwm40.gif

No Chris, no fishing this trip wink.gif Family stuff.

View Post Mount a dummy with a machine gun on the roof.

Hmmm, les see now. Do I want a M-60 or a M-134. I'll take the M-134 please! Do they come in matching Chevy colours?

Came to work and found one of my coworkers car in the lot with the whole right front droped, he said he hit the guard rail in the thruway. Car looks bad but hes ok. DRIVE SAFE, DRIVE SMART.

Capt. Buck, since you're good with tools anyhow, why not a chain gun? I drove the 17 miles from Pt Jefferson Station to Central Islip this morning in an hour, which wasn't terrible, in three inches of fresh snow. Leaving at 5:15 I drove home through a downpour of tropical intensity - wow, whatta rainfall. Got home in an hour again .... messy, but better then I expected. Ditch, did you slither onto the Island in appropriate fashion?

View PostThat could be the plan. I'm sure I can get on with standby from New London cwm40.gif

No Chris, no fishing this trip wink.gif Family stuff.

Hope ya make it there okay just going to wareham and back today sucked

snow sleet and 22 then rain rain rain then 50 degrees in wareham FOG then rain rain turn to ice at home yippie

It actually wasn't all that bad. It took me an hour and a half to get to Providence (twice as long as normal) but it turned to rain in Kingston and it was a piece of cake the rest of the way down. Saved 50 bucks by bagging the ferry.

I came late at night, and everything was fine until I hit my turnoff from Scenic Highway--it was just black ice from there to my diveway--which was sheer ice. Going 15 mph and my rear end still started sliding on every curve cwm31.gif

I've got some salting and chopping to do and I think I might have to hit Home Cheapo for more salt frown.gif

I've got a 4 wheel drive .I can drive as fast as I want and stop on a dime tookooky.gif

How many people think like that ?? More than you'd believecwm31.gif

I watch the crazy's driving like its sunny and 85 degrees more than ever .