Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lockbox

two thumbs up for Princeton tec

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

i have used princeton Tec lights for many years .I use there underwater light the tec 40. i have found that this light throws a very strong beam and i prefer a halogen light more than the newer lights . both lights have a divers mouthpiece that i attached to my lights and they worked for over 7 years without failing me. i noticed that both lights lately were not holding a charge even with a new duracell battery. i do fish at least five nights a week from April til the end of December,. ( I'm retired). i decided to send the lights back to them informing them of my problem. today in the mail i received to brand new lights packaged with duracell battery's. there tec 40 light water proof to 100 m.

this company gets to thumbs up for standing behind there product .

they charged me nothing including no shipping costs. a great company a great product.

i thought S.O.L. members would like to know of an American company that cares.they are based in trenton N.J. tight lines Lockbox

I chanced upon them from my Camp Mail from Campmor. My backup light is a little waterproof light that I twist to turn on. Never a problem.

A princeton also from campmor is my #1.

Pete

I got one this past fall.Needed a new light and did not know what to buy. after looking at a bunch.It seemed best for the $.Glad to see good reviews.

I've been using the princeton tec apex headlight for about a year now. The light is awesome. The new ones put out something like 130 lumens on high! Waterproof. I had another halogen princeton tec prior to this which is still working nicely, as well. I have heard that the hinge on the apex headlight isn't very durable. I hope that once something on this light fails, I have as good luck with repairs! So far, it's been great!

P Tecs lights are great and I've carried on with me for about 15 years. I bought it for a trip to Cape Cod because I knew we were going to wade after dark. I carried it until the end broke out. I haven't had time to return it, but I've always heard they have really good customer service. I guess I should make the time. I purchased one of their LED lights and its just as good.

On the P-Tec lights do you have to cycle thru the white light to get to the red? Ive been trying to find one besides the walmart special that can go to red w/o going thru the white, it throws off my balance.

One of the best investments I made in the past three years...much better than my 401k redface.gif...I use the light for everything...indispensable for kayaking at night, snowblowing the driveway, etc. clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

I have a affliction for flashlights.Maybe it stems from being locked in the dar..

Nevermind..cwm13.gif

I do own quite a few different models of P-Tec lights.The 40 is the best IMO.The batteries stay good in em. I have others like the orange headlamp that just eat batteries even when not in use.headscratch.gif

I also have a few of them little lights.The bulbs burn out in them a little too quick.And the replacements cost about half the price of the light.redface.gif

The waterproof 40 is the nuts..Like L-box mentioned I have a mouth pc on mine it is nice for hands free use.

I wear it around my kneck with surgical tubing attached to it.I save this particuar light for use when wetsuiting.I don't think I used it last yr..For fishing.It did save the day when I had to walk along the highway looking for the front tag on my truck that went flying when A dear decided to end it all in front of me..

I just picked up a a tec 40 last fall as a side arm nice light glad I got it.

I use $12 energizer headlamps white and red led from walmart don't care if I loose them in the rocks .. has happened once.

Any one know if the Tec 40 has a green replacement Lense?