Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nitro882

5 days in Florida tells me

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

View Postyou went already?? lets get a report lets go ____

My wife had business in Orlando so we had car to and from airport, rent a car and room picked up. My kids are 1 and 3 so we tagged along and went to Disney while she was at work on Thursday and Friday. Then she hung out with us on the weekend. I am not heading to the Marsh until March 8. Reports will followwink.gif

View Postok whew. i look fwd to that report. climbing the walls this year i need to catch something badly or read someone who can

When we arrived Wednesday morning the air temp was still 39 and it only got into the 50s. It got warmer the next day and then temps were in the high 70's.

I am glad I wasn't there to fish for bass because Florida bass get lock jaw when a cold front hits. I have had a few trips ruined by cold fronts. That is why we are waiting until March. We chose the week of the full moon. Florida weather in the winter is a gamble. Ideally we will get stable weather and winds on the lighter side but who knows.cwm31.gif Heavy winds create muddy water and fairly large waves at the Stick Marsh.

View PostWhen we arrived Wednesday morning the air temp was still 39 and it only got into the 50s. It got warmer the next day and then temps were in the high 70's.

I am glad I wasn't there to fish for bass because Florida bass get lock jaw when a cold front hits. I have had a few trips ruined by cold fronts. That is why we are waiting until March. We chose the week of the full moon. Florida weather in the winter is a gamble. Ideally we will get stable weather and winds on the lighter side but who knows.cwm31.gif Heavy winds create muddy water and fairly large waves at the Stick Marsh.

what week is the full moon? heading toi the Keys for 6 days on March 12th. HappyWave.gif

View Postmcmc gets to go too?!?! how come i dont get to go

i'm climbing aboard someone else trip, free place to stay and all. catchin' poon and grouper and sailfish and lobster and shrimp.