Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smirkplug

Mass. wind farm ??

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

Just read O'Bama want's to put some giant windmills in Massachucetts, i am wondering what fishermen think about it ? Its been said Ted Kennedy is against it and one of Baraks best friends is pushing it. We have some out west and the only trouble they cause is the closure of some Dove and Quail hunting land. I just want to know the locals views and how much fishing/ wildlife it will affect. Sorry for spelling errors no offense intended. headscratch.gif

View PostAs long as Bill Koch is alive it won't happen south of the cape.

I grew up on the southside beach area of mashpee, I have followed this story for quite sometimes from both sides. But not the koch side, I know hes wealthy, boater etc, what gives? to your comment.

You're probably referring to the Windmill Farm proposed for Nantucket Sound. That battle has been raging for quite a while. Yes, the Kennedys are opposed to it and are using all their influence to block it. After keeping somewhat abreast of the goings-on, it's my opinion that it's going to happen. I think the Kennedys will lose this battle.

I want to know if it will mess up striper fishing at all or maybe will it help it ? We had great huge yellowtail fishing off the SoCal oil rigs for years until the big oil companies put some kind of clam and mussel detering device on the rigs then all the fish left. All the big oil companies love to preach about how they love to help the environment but to save a few bucks in sending divers down to periodically scrape the growth is out of the question even when hundreds of fishermen would support their rigs and change some of the publics opinion must be out of the question !!

View PostJust read O'Bama want's to put some giant windmills in Massachucetts, i am wondering what fishermen think about it ? Its been said Ted Kennedy is against it and one of Baraks best friends is pushing it. We have some out west and the only trouble they cause is the closure of some Dove and Quail hunting land. I just want to know the locals views and how much fishing/ wildlife it will affect. Sorry for spelling errors no offense intended. headscratch.gif

In my infrastructure plan ( biggrin.gif ), I made it clear that windmills will be built. The Kennedy Compound will be taken over by the government, cleared of all buildings, and windmills will be built.

View PostI hope they put big wind farms in this state, screw fat Ted and his family.

cwm27.gifcwm27.gif Exactly how I feel...people in New England don't realize that the Kennedy myth isn't held in such institutionalized regards outside that regioncwm27.gif

And if that electric cable was never stretched from Connecticut to Long Island because of environmental reasons, then there's not much chance you'll see windmills in the ocean.

View PostI grew up on the southside beach area of mashpee, I have followed this story for quite sometimes from both sides. But not the koch side, I know hes wealthy, boater etc, what gives? to your comment.

Him and a couple other monsters have major money against Cape Wind.

He backed the "America Cubed" America's Cup campaign.

There's two other bigtime ocean racers that live in the area and are also against Cape Wind for some silly reason. Probably political reasons.

View PostYes, the Kennedys are opposed to it and are using all their influence to block it.

The Kennedys are pandering to those who keep them in power.

Yeah I was familiar with his racing and fortune. I for one have a family home (popponesett beach)facing the proposed windmills- about 4.5+ miles off of the closest one. I don't for see it interupting the fish in the area long term.

Although I am not a fan of windmills, of how much power they actually produce. If we wish to move forward with alternative energy sources- why not then.

My guess it will go thru and rightfully so should go thru, either in the ocean-sound area or perhaps Otis AFB. I just can believe the way kennedy and kerry and some others, especially Kerry sidestep the issue. He speaks in parables. It's rather humorous to again point out how sqeemish and indecisive liberals can demonstrate their beliefs.

I have a family full of liberals, I love bringing the subject up at holidays. They'll back peddle more than somone riding a unicycle.

Saw a news clip on this 60 min maybe..?? says it will generate 75% of the elec for the entire cape..?? good fishing structure... but would be a PIA to navigate at night...

in regards to how it will effect fishing, look no further than the fishing around oil platforms in the Gulf... The issue will be if people will be allowed to fish near them, and somehow I doubt it with homeland insecurity.