Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boostjunkie1

James River Blue Cat Fishing!

15 posts in this topic

Went up to the James River this past weekend and tried our best to catch a Huge Blue. Had one on at the very last minute of the day and after 4 minutes of fighting he came off at the boat. Here are a couple pictures from the trip.

First Cat of the trip.....

Buddy Mike with a 24 pounder...

Buddy and Friend with a 43 and 27 double header...

My Boat and I on the River on Sat evening!

We got into some real HUGE Gizzard Shad..in the cast net...some 11 to 12 inches long icon14.gif

Had a great Trip and will be going back in a couple weeks.

**One buddy caught a 27 pounder with 2 Gizzards in his mouth + the 8" shad he was using as bait....

Boost

View PostAwesome report. In the last pic to the right of your reflection would that be the shad you are speaking of? Those are pretty big! cwm31.gif

clapping.gif - - - - - biggrin.gif no..... I see what you are talking about, but that is just part of the reflection........The Gizzards were HUGE though. The biggest I have ever saw. One was so long ( 14" ) he had a large dip in his back that looked like a bite was taken out at a young age. That bait stayed on a floater rig all day long with no takers confused.gif ........

What size Truimph CC is that? I was looking at the 15 cc with a 50 as a nice light trailerable multi use boat. Any feedback appreciated good or bad.

Nice Cats by the way, looks like fun.

It is the 190 Bay.... I Love the boat. I have a 2008 Ram 1500 Hemi that I pull it with. No Problems. The Boat and Trailer are light enough that I dont need trailer brakes. The boat is the smoothest riding boat I have ever owned, and I do not have to worry about hitting docks, rocks, trees, or other debris in the water with the hull. Rock chips off the road are no more. The rocks just bounce off. I know a guy that is having to sell his 2004 with a 150 Yamaha 4-Stroke that only has 100 hours. You will get a huge deal on it compared to new and used with a smaller motor. PM me if you are interested.