Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Black Cloud

bait shops near Dedham

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

that have shiners ? anyone? Riverside is out of buisness not really familiar with the area but have a map smile.gif under usual circumstances I trap my own but im locked out by ice and running low need to re-up and don't wanna drive to toms

View PostBuy a few cans of Jolly Green Giant corn niblets...all you catch out there are hornpout anyway...why waist the time and money on live bait.biggrin.gif

I just left some corn niblets in the toilet for ya smile.gif

View PostThe junction of Rt1 and 109 in Dedham,well on rt 109 West about 300 yards from rt1 one t5he left there's one.tropic land

out of buisness when they closed riverside was the name the one next to mosleys across from the brickhouse

natick outdoor store is reasonably close if you know the back way- through dover and out by the south natick dam- maybe a 25 minute ride from tropicland site

i feel your pain- i live about 2 miles from the old tropicland

i called dick's- they have a sign on the door that says "live bait"

they don't have any

View Postnatick outdoor store is reasonably close if you know the back way- through dover and out by the south natick dam- maybe a 25 minute ride from tropicland site

they don't have any

dick's bait is everything but live.

Let's see......

Tropicland Marina closed and reopened as Riverside Bait & Tackle, and they closed last year.

Bait Bucket in Waltham closed last year.

Fore River Bait & Tackle in Quincy is gone

Decathalon Sports is gone.

The Sportsman's Den in Quincy is still there, but closed on Sundays.

Arlington Bait & Tackle is still there, but the owner is planning on retiring, and who knows what will happen when that happens.

Fishing Finatic in Everett is still there.

Those are the ones I know of, but I'm sure others will chime in with their own contributions.

View Postnatick outdoor store is reasonably close if you know the back way- through dover and out by the south natick dam- maybe a 25 minute ride from tropicland site

they don't have any

went to natick nice store holy crap good thing I left the wallet in the truck but 4 bucks for a dozen shiners is way better than toms the rip off at 8 for a doz mad.gif

View Postwent to natick nice store holy crap good thing I left the wallet in the truck but 4 bucks for a dozen shiners is way better than toms the rip off at 8 for a doz mad.gif

they have a good selection of cold weather gear for short money too

i picked up some thinsulate fingerless gloves with the hinged mitten to keep me toasty while ice fishing and they were half the price i have seen at other places

i'm sure you could drop a wad of dough on a fly rod or a shotgun, but they also have enough entry level stuff of decent quality to make it worth swinging by when you are in the area

with all the stores closing two in Dorchester that I use are PJ's bait on Dot ave in Fields Corner (617) 288-7917 and Van's 617) 474-7064 on Neponset Ave across from Garvey Park. Don't know if either one has shiners available but I use them in the summer for sea worms and eels and misc tackle.

View Postwith all the stores closing two in Dorchester that I use are PJ's bait on Dot ave in Fields Corner (617) 288-7917 and Van's 617) 474-7064 on Neponset Ave across from Garvey Park. Don't know if either one has shiners available but I use them in the summer for sea worms and eels and misc tackle.

P&J has shiners and eels all season long.