Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr. Bigdeal

Stopped At My Local gas Station Today.....

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Stopped in at my local gas station today during lunch.......I was told that some friends of theirs where out off Alantic City last week while Black Fishing, they ran into huge flocks of birds on the water.............they switched over to jigging and were into bass 20 to 30lb 'ers, large schools heading south. Hooked and released over 40 fish and they had pics............could this be so..?

Any one hear of boat guys hammerin schools of bass last week...?

Pulling your leg...

Honestly, I don't know but it is not unheard of. How far were they out? These 30 lbers don't sound like the "resident" fish we often hear about. I'd like some info on this as well.

In the 80's when I worked on party boats we used to see large schools of Bass in late December and early January out off of Ambrose light and 17. I don't know about now but it is possible.

I heard the same thing cept it was Tarpon.cwm33.gif

I know they are banging the little-est migrators down in NC now. They are the last to arrive and leave. Since those little guys are down there and it IS the last week in January, it would be a true anomaly to see a 40lb fish. Even stranger to see a school.

To catch 40 double digit fish is just too much for me to buy.beers.gif

View PostI heard the story. If I'm not mistaken it was one of the north jersey boats. Most of the fish were shorts but there were a lot of keepers.

The Prowler from AH got into bass a week ago. Some keepers and some shorts... nothing big. Doesn't mean that somebody didn't hit big ones down South.

Stopped in for gas again today and to confirm number of fish.......40 count was wrong.............they're tellin me more like 70 and these guys are absolutely straight shooters, I fish with them............no BS..there.

Can these fish this size still be migrating at this late hour.....herring or not...?