Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xmytruck

I Got my Blanks today

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

I Got my blanks today delivered right to my door it cost me 4 bucks per blank the builder allowed me to choose the type of wood I went with Spanish Cedar and Mahogan. Now I just need to drill, seal and paint.. O and get hardware...

What do you guys think? and How do you guys seal the blanks?

thx

x

With kits not only will you get everything you need(minus sealer) but the design will be correct(holes in right spot, correct weight, correct lip) and the right wood for the right type of plug will be used.

Since you already have these blanks crack away at em. The first ones you do you learn a lot anyway.

John

View Post Now I just need to drill, seal and paint.. O and get hardware...

And figure out where to put the weight and the lip slot to get them to swim correctly. It looks like you've got some work ahead of you, the good news is if you do some searching all the answers are right here in this forum.

View PostOne of the hardest things is to drill threw them straight. Good luck with them.

I'm told that drilling threw the blank is recommended before turning.Is this true?

Some do, some don't. I now do it before but did many after. The thing that sucks is if you turn a plug and then miss on the drilling, you wasted your time. I think it would be easier for you to drill before you cut the ends off, keep that in mind.

You are going to need to cup the face of that popper. Becareful!

Are they through drilled already? You have your work cut out for you. Next time get Kits for a few bucks more.