Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
speedracer

The Wrestler

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Saw this movie the other day and I highly recommend it. Mickey Rourke is amazing as a washed up pro wrestler, and Marissa Tomei is half naked in the movie which alone is worth the price of admission.biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

525 525

What the heck happened to Mickey's face? Accident ? Bad plastic surgery? Substance abuse? Holy cow, I didn't recognize the poor guy at the golden globes. Scary stuff. I always liked him, so I'm glad to see that he's back.

Valentine

He had a stint as a pro boxer a while back. I think that's what mashed his face up.

View PostWhat the heck happened to Mickey's face? Accident ? Bad plastic surgery? Substance abuse? Holy cow, I didn't recognize the poor guy at the golden globes. Scary stuff. I always liked him, so I'm glad to see that he's back.

Valentine

Was an amazingly good and moving movie. Actually surprised me. Rourke was great in it, I think some of his real life leaked through in it which made it so convincing.

On the down side, my personal mental perfect image of Marrisa in "My Uncle Vinny", stomping her high heel in the one piece has been shattered! Sure she played an old out of her league dancer, but they could have left some meat on her bones frown.gif

There's a lot in the movie, stayed with me for a day or 2, which never really happens with todays movies. Worth a rewatch.

View PostWhat the heck happened to Mickey's face? Accident ? Bad plastic surgery? Substance abuse? Holy cow, I didn't recognize the poor guy at the golden globes. Scary stuff. I always liked him, so I'm glad to see that he's back.

Valentine

bad plastic surgerybeers.gif

All i can say is Randy "The Ram" Robinson rocked that film big time.

I drove out last night in the middle of all that snow to watch it and had the theater to myself.heart.gif Man what a great film, i highly recommend it.

Micky should be first in line for best actor this yearclapping.gif

The Asbery scenes were pretty cool, you can actually see some nice fishy

suds in the background also.drool.gif

I saw this yesterday on the day off from work; great movie. Mickey was great, and you can see this movie hit home with him on an emotional level. I loved when he started bashing Kurt Cobain....Marisa was a nice bonus.

Some pretty intense scenes, laughed a lot...overall great movie.