Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
silverking448

Diamond Two Rod Finish?????

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Anyone have any experience or opinion about "New" Diamond Two Rod Finish. The Ad for the producy claims:

• easy to work, long pot life

• tough with remarkable flexibility

• great clarity

• zero or few bubbles

• high resistance to yellowing
If so how would it stack up to what seesm to be the two mainstays - Flex Coat and Threadmaster??

Saw it advertised as " NEW Diamond Two Rod Finish: Gene Bullard's improved formula Diamond Two is the most significant advancement in thread wrapping finishes in rod building history. It is simply the best finish ever developed."

View PostSaw it advertised as " NEW Diamond Two Rod Finish: Gene Bullard's improved formula Diamond Two is the most significant advancement in thread wrapping finishes in rod building history. It is simply the best finish ever developed."

RUN!!!!

I would try it on a beater to see if you like it, however, I would be afraid to do a good rod in that stuff until I really tested it thoroughly.

I was sent a sample of it when it first came out. I forget the guys name that brought it out,but at that point he was going to try and market it hinself,with Gene.

I have used about a 8oz. kit and it dose a very nice job. about the same working time as Threadmaster high build.

The problem was the price when he first brought it out,it was about twice the price of other products.

Now he is selling it thru Mudhole and price is in line with other epoxies.

Give it a try ..you might like it better than what you are useing. I have done about 10 rod and they have been out over a year and half with no problems.

Works very well on butt wraps.

It is not the swifty product. Gene Bullard worked with the guy to come out with this epoxy.

Barry

View Post Gene Bullard's improved formula Diamond Two

My apologies. I assumed you meant Diamondite, not the Diamond 2 stuff. I was also sent a sample, and I did test it a little bit. It's a good product, easy to use, seems to stay clear. If I wasn't pleased with TM & Aftcote, I would probably use it myself. I probably should look into it more.

Buy it, try it, and let us know what ou think. Again, I apologize for my mistake.