Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jesbion

Anti-gun Attorney General...

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Have you guys and girls been keeping up with Obama nomination for Attorney

General? I havent' seen much about it but if you're really interested in what can happen to your 2nd amendment rights, check out what this guy is up to, and how he is thinking....(no wonder gun stores are selling out of guns and ammo...) Maybe you could write or email your congressmen? Unless you appreciate an unarmed and defenseless population...

http://www.independent.org/issues/article.asp?id=2411

On the Nomination of Eric H. Holder, Jr. for Attorney General of the United States

Testimony Before the Senate Judiciary Committee

January 22, 2009

Stephen P. Halbrook

Serious concerns exist concerning the nomination of Eric Holder for Attorney General regarding rights under the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. His denial that law-abiding citizens have a right to keep and bear arms for lawful purposes is exemplified by his support for draconian proposal to criminalize, with severe felony penalties, exercise of that constitutional right.

Mr. Holder recently joined in an amici curiae brief in District of Columbia v. Heller arguing that the Second Amendment does not guarantee individual rights and supporting the D.C. handgun ban. It states: "Amici disagree with the current position of the United States Department of Justice that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms for purposes unrelated to a State's operation of a well-regulated militia."[1] The brief relies in part on arguments by an attorney for the Violence Policy Center, a firearm prohibitionist lobby.[2]

The brief supports a 1968 Office of Legal Counsel analysis of a bill to "[r]equire the registration of every firearm in the United States" and to "[p]rovide a Federal system for licensing possession of firearms." It opined that the Second Amendment "does not affect regulation of individual possession as proposed in this bill."[3]

Interesting quote from the article:

"President-Elect Obama stated that he agrees with the Supreme Court's decision in Heller confirming the Second Amendment guarantee of individual rights and invalidating the D.C. handgun ban."

View PostInteresting quote from the article:

"President-Elect Obama stated that he agrees with the Supreme Court's decision in Heller confirming the Second Amendment guarantee of individual rights and invalidating the D.C. handgun ban."

Oh yeah? Then why didn't he sign the Heller amicus curiae brief that many of his colleagues did?

Actions (or lack thereof) speak louder than words.

Don't see his name in here (go the end).

http://supreme.lp.findlaw.com/suprem....resp.cong.pdf

Obama is LYING.

View PostInteresting quote from the article:

Interesting indeed if Obama thinks that way...then why would he appoint someone with Holder's record? The contradictions speak for themselves...

View PostInteresting indeed if Obama thinks that way...then why would he appoint someone with Holder's record? The contradictions speak for themselves...

Folks are allowed to have diverging viewpoints.............they don't always get fired.

Hi Colin HappyWave.gif ............ Hi Eric HappyWave.gif

Holder is not the only nominee that has views that many would consider anti 2A/RKBA. Hillary is no friend to the gun owner. I would bet that if you were to submit an identical list of questions pertaining tot he 2d Amendment and RKBA that all of President Obama's cabinet would be viewed by the gun owners of this country as Anti's and proponents of illegal/unconstitutional measures concerning firearms and firearms ownership.

Jeff B.

In the hearings for Attorney General, Holder gave his thoughts on the Second Ammendment. He said: "While I don't personally believe it meant for people other than the Militia, it is the law and I will follow it."

Take that for what it is worth.

View PostFolks are allowed to have diverging viewpoints.............they don't always get fired.

When they are chosen for the fact that they represent the views that Obama has himself, they are not exactly conflicting opinions...are they?

View PostHolder is not the only nominee that has views that many would consider anti 2A/RKBA. Hillary is no friend to the gun owner. I would bet that if you were to submit an identical list of questions pertaining tot he 2d Amendment and RKBA that all of President Obama's cabinet would be viewed by the gun owners of this country as Anti's and proponents of illegal/unconstitutional measures concerning firearms and firearms ownership.

Granted...but if you and/or I are concerned enough to to write our congressmen, maybe we can influence the approval of the nominee. I'm not saying that Holder is out of line in following Obama's direction, I'm saying that if you disapprove of this way of thinking, then do something about it!

View PostHolder is not the only nominee that has views that many would consider anti 2A/RKBA. Hillary is no friend to the gun owner. I would bet that if you were to submit an identical list of questions pertaining tot he 2d Amendment and RKBA that all of President Obama's cabinet would be viewed by the gun owners of this country as Anti's and proponents of illegal/unconstitutional measures concerning firearms and firearms ownership.

Jeff B.

How many laws is Hillary going to change from over at state?

How about Gates?

View PostIn the hearings for Attorney General, Holder gave his thoughts on the Second Ammendment. He said: "While I don't personally believe it meant for people other than the Militia, it is the law and I will follow it."

Take that for what it is worth.

That's like saying that he doesn't approve of the laws that enforce civil rights, do you think that he would pursue infractions? Not that he would need to break the law, himself. But he would have control over the enforcement of the law..or not...

View PostWhen they are chosen for the fact that they represent the views that Obama has himself, they are not exactly conflicting opinions...are they?

!

See post #2 in this thread. Read and then tell me that their opinions don't conflict.

Your fallback is weewee's position.

View PostSee post #2 in this thread. Read and then tell me that their opinions don't conflict.

Your fallback is weewee's position.

Not at all anyone else's..except the fact that he and I are in agreement. The Attorney General's role is in fact, Obama's stated opinion....though somewhat contrary to some of his statements he made in vying for your vote..