Reel seat issues

Rate this topic

rockabilly6120

Ok here's my dilemma. I have a Lamiglas SS91MHS and i love it. Problem is, my 704 won't fit into the seat.kooky.gif I also have a 706 and i know it won't fit either. I'm not a fan of the big cushy seats and handles either, i like the ss91's small handle/seat combo. I guess my question would be, what lami's do you guys have your 704's and 706's mounted on for 1-4 ounce-ish applications? Preferably a thinner profile handle. Everything i've seen with a longer seat has two foam pieces flanking it..something i'm not a fan of.

-mike

biggrin.gif i'm going to have to agree with slayer on this one. get a rod built. especially if you plan to purchase a new rod soon. shop around you can get any blank you want and guides. and the best thing you can tape the reel were ever you want. this is more comfortable then foam grips and metal hoods.

View PostOk here's my dilemma. I have a Lamiglas SS91MHS and i love it. Problem is, my 704 won't fit into the seat.kooky.gif I also have a 706 and i know it won't fit either. I'm not a fan of the big cushy seats and handles either, i like the ss91's small handle/seat combo. I guess my question would be, what lami's do you guys have your 704's and 706's mounted on for 1-4 ounce-ish applications? Preferably a thinner profile handle. Everything i've seen with a longer seat has two foam pieces flanking it..something i'm not a fan of.

-mike

Grind down or cut down the reel foot so it fits the reel seat. I've seen it done before.

View PostIf you like Lami, all of the other factory lamis have the foam dealies.

Have a custom built!

Or get rid of the foam and have a builder rewrap the handle the way you want it. It's not too difficult.

Or get a 710--I agree with silverking448--the 704 is big for that rod but that's jmho. Have fun with your project.