Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric Roach

Need help finding a titanium top...

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

F frame comes in ring size 10 with 4.6mm tube, they dont go as big in size 8.

MN frame comes in 8ring with tube size 4.6mm and 10ring with 4.6mm tube.

unfortunately the the biggest i got in 8 and 10 ring is 3.33mm and 3.53mm.

so you need to get them from japan. bummer.

I am building on a GSB 132 1m and GSB 120 1M. Both require a #11 tube size top.

Had a hard tome finding a 10 MM ring. Was not looking for tintanium but would have used one if I could have found it.

Best options I cam up with were:

BMNAT 12/11

MNST 12/11

MGST 12/11

I was trying to find an 1O MM ring so that the top ring sat closer to the blank. I opted for a 12MM ring and increased my bridge guides from 8MM to 10MM.

Doesn't seem as if there are a lot of options.

View PostI am building on a GSB 132 1m and GSB 120 1M. Both require a #11 tube size top.

Had a hard tome finding a 10 MM ring. Was not looking for tintanium but would have used one if I could have found it.

Best options I cam up with were:

BMNAT 12/11

MNST 12/11

MGST 12/11

I was trying to find an 1O MM ring so that the top ring sat closer to the blank. I opted for a 12MM ring and increased my bridge guides from 8MM to 10MM.

Doesn't seem as if there are a lot of options.

I'm in the exact boat you are.

When you say you increased your "bridge guides" from 8 to 10, you don't mean Fuji's UN guides, do you? I thought they only came in 7s and 8s.

My initial intent was to use the BUNAG-8s and follow up with Fuji low riders. I was not happy with how the rings lined up with the tops that fit my blanks. Maybe I should have attached everything and gone casting?

My compromize was to go with larger bridge guides and abandon the use of the "light" single foot guides. I now have 10MM BMNAG bridge guides that seem to line up decently with the 4 or 5 Fuji Tops that I am considering.

I think I am going with a 12MM top, a bunch of #10 BMNAGs and then the low riders.

Larger tops and bridging guiged add some weight but on the GSB balnks I do not think it is a big deal. And the larger guides allow for the passage of breakaway clips which I prefer,

Very interesting learning process.

Yes, we are most definetly in the same boat. I'm trying to go as light as possible, so I think I'm going to try and get the tops I want from Japan.

Good luck with your builds.

Eroach! Thought about Japan. But. I did not think I would get the return for the buck on the blanks I am using. And, I might add, opinions on this Forum werea big help in my decision.

When the weather warms up I am going to start taping and experimenting! I live on the coast and it has been coldddddddd!

11/64" ~= 4.36 mm, so what you looking for is 10-4.5 and Fuji makes T-MNST on that size (sorry, I don't see any 8 ring with 4.5mm I/D and I don't read Japanese so not so sure on other model).

My source was Occi@Jingow and he was very responsive.

I believe I ordered my set with about $10~15 of air shipping charge which was delivered to me in one week.icon14.gif

Cheers,