Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishknapper

Fish eat some crazy things!

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I have found some interesting things inside the fish I've caught including: a striper with a large rock in it's stomach, another with 12 manta shrimp (crazy looking creatures!!) a cow striper with a duckling.

What have you guys found?

I've read on SOL they use rocks for ballast during storms , sounds good to me.

Do a "stomach contents" search in the forums there was a whole thread devoted to this. biggrin.gif

I have found rocks in their stomashes on many occasions. Not sure if it is for ballast as others have said or to help grind up crabs and lobsters or a combo of both. Pretty weird the first time saw some pebbles fall out!

The part that amazes me the most is the size of the objects they're able to choke down.

I kept one bass this year that I caught on a live adult bunker. He was just shy of 30 inches which is the best size for me. When I cleaned him out, he had two bunker in his stomach.

The bunker were both about a foot long. 2 feet of fish in a 30 inch bass. That's just crazy.

I always start off the spring season casting those little stuffed easter ducklings....rig'em in a daisy chain configuration........thank god for Taxidermists.