Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DerrickT

I went to a fishing show today

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

View Postout there that is different? I have not been to one in yearsfrown.gif

No not really. Most of it was the tables with boxes of lures and stuff, the lure prices were a $1 or 2 cheaper then the stores. Some stands you would find a very good deal, such as a 4 back of qaulity Yozuri minnows for $8. Lots of old lures also. I was looking for one lure in particular thats not made any more but I could find any. I did find a lure simular to it made by Bomber but its not the original

i went to the one at the maryland state fairgrounds a coupla weeks ago. it was 2/3 the size it was last year.

i talked to a guy at the entrance gate as i was leaving, and he said that last year he had 24 boat dealers at the show, this year only 10.

he also said he only had 3/4 of the tackle vendors he had a year ago, the rest outa business.

tough times in the outdoor business too.

View Posti went to the one at the maryland state fairgrounds a coupla weeks ago. it was 2/3 the size it was last year.

i talked to a guy at the entrance gate as i was leaving, and he said that last year he had 24 boat dealers at the show, this year only 10.

he also said he only had 3/4 of the tackle vendors he had a year ago, the rest outa business.

tough times in the outdoor business too.

I had plans to go to that one to and herd the samething you stated and decided not to go. Makes you wonder what the Eastern Sports and Outdoor show is gonna be like.

it was plenty crowded, and i found some decent deals on some stuff.

there was a gun show going on at the same time there. that was more crowded, and the guns and ammo were flying off the shelves.

i will go to my local pasadena fishing show in feb. that is where i find the best deals.

View Postit was plenty crowded, and i found some decent deals on some stuff.

there was a gun show going on at the same time there. that was more crowded, and the guns and ammo were flying off the shelves.

i will go to my local pasadena fishing show in feb. that is where i find the best deals.

yeah there is a big rise in gun and ammo sales the past few months for some reason headscratch.gif

View PostWhat did ya buy?

What did you want?

Well this winter I've been determined to get my freshwater inventory back up to where I think it needs to be since I got back into the freshwater thing. With that said I've been looking for deals and closeouts which hasn't been a problem between walmart, the local tackle shops, and the Bargin Cave redface.gif

Here's what I got today, nothing big other then the rod which is a Cortland 7' Bucktail rod, pretty much compareable to a 7' St Croix and rumor has it its the same blank $40 that was half price. Rated 3/4 to 3oz. The Yozuri back was only $8. Got some small bobbers for trout season and 2 other crankbaits. Then we hit Gander Mountian and they had clearence stuff also, picked up a spinnerbait for $1 and a spool of Iron Silk for $1.

dscn0113kk6.jpg

dscn0116xi8.jpg

Here is some other stuff I picked up during the week.

12 bomber lures for $30. May not use them all but they sell for $4 to $5 a piece.

dscn0112yw3.jpg

Also picked up these Xraps, case of 6 unopened also for $30. Think they sell for $7 a piece.

dscn0115vu7.jpg

Picked these up from the Bargin Cave. Never tried them, but I herd bass love them. For $2.88 I'll try them. dscn0114tf9.jpg

Everything else I've bought the last couple of weeks is already in that bag the rod is laying on in the second pic. Bag is brand new to as I need something bigger to hold everything.redface.gif

View PostI'd have grabbed the Yozuri pack too. The top and third one I'd change the hooks on and use around some jetties. biggrin.gif

Already done. wink.gif Also forgot to mention apprently Walmart has redone its contracts whith alot of suppliers and they have totally revamp our fishing section. Becuase of that they have had alot of stuff on clearence, such as Cyrstal Minnows for $3.50, so I stocked up on those to.cwm27.gif

Also added ski racks to the top of my cab on my truck cause they were $30 marked down from $100.