Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joec0436

fort myers

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

my family is in the process of purchasing a home in fort myers. i was just curious if anyone could reccomend some good tackle shops in the area. looking for someone with good product and knowledge of the area. being a jersey bass guy, i'm going to def need some help and guiding of the area. thanks!

Have been down there a few times lots of small shops the one a liked is gone owner died. Just going to have to check them all out and pick the one you like the best. THomT

The shop to stay away from is BAIT N WAIT, they will rip you off in every way possible. The worst service around and bad info all the way around. The best shop around is on Bonita Beach road just south of Lover's Key State Park, it is called Master Bait and Tackle. Top knotch guys and they can help you with anything (beach,inshore, and offshore fishing)

They have a great BPS south of Ft Myers. If you're ever fishing the Pine Island area there are a couple on the right side of the causeway heading over there from Cape Coral.

thanks for the suggestions guys. actually found master bait on google. i thought it was a joke. next time down that way have to stop in and see if they have tshirts. thanks again for the help and suggestions guys... really appreciate it!

View Postget capt joe, should be down your way around march 13th for a week or so. if i get the chance to get out on the water will be giving you a call.

Thanks, I enjoy having Jersey guys on the boat, it seems all I talk about is the food. Just an FYI you will be here during tournament month and the busiest month of the year, so finding an available guide may be tough.