Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robert Williams

More change - policy of openness.

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Obama visits press room, miffed by quiz

Last update: 8:17 a.m. EST Jan. 23, 2009

WASHINGTON, Jan 23, 2009 (UPI via COMTEX) -- U.S. President Barack Obama surprised the White House press corps with a get-acquainted visit only to be miffed by a reporter's question, sources said.

As Obama weaved through the crowded chambers Thursday afternoon shaking hands with the journalists and camera operators, a reporter asked how the president could reconcile a strict ban on lobbyists in his administration with a deputy defense secretary nominee who lobbied for Raytheon, Politico said.

"Ahh, see," Obama said, "I came down here to visit. See this is what happens. I can't end up visiting with you guys and shaking hands if I'm going to get grilled every time I come down here."

Pressed further about the nomination of William Lynn, an obviously agitated Obama told the reporter to wait for the formal White House press conference and then he will answer questions.

View PostObama visits press room, miffed by quiz

Last update: 8:17 a.m. EST Jan. 23, 2009

WASHINGTON, Jan 23, 2009 (UPI via COMTEX) -- U.S. President Barack Obama surprised the White House press corps with a get-acquainted visit only to be miffed by a reporter's question, sources said.

As Obama weaved through the crowded chambers Thursday afternoon shaking hands with the journalists and camera operators, a reporter asked how the president could reconcile a strict ban on lobbyists in his administration with a deputy defense secretary nominee who lobbied for Raytheon, Politico said.

"Ahh, see," Obama said, "I came down here to visit. See this is what happens. I can't end up visiting with you guys and shaking hands if I'm going to get grilled every time I come down here."

Pressed further about the nomination of William Lynn, an obviously agitated Obama told the reporter to wait for the formal White House press conference and then he will answer questions.

And the problem with him telling a reporter wait is? Or the fact that he is new and has a lot on his plate and didn't want to answer question right then and there?

I don't get it.

View PostAnd the problem with him telling a reporter wait is? Or the fact that he is new and has a lot on his plate and didn't want to answer question right then and there?

I don't get it.

No problem with me on that.

But, I have to wonder why he gets upset when he is in THE PRESS CORPS ROOM and a REPORTER asks him a question? Helloooooo, President Meathead, they are reporters, it's what they do. Duh.

i'll bet that is the last time he ventures into the whitehouse basement. he thought the press were his buddies, and they wouldn't ambush him. i guess he was wrong.

i wonder what else he will be wrong about.

Yeah - but come on Robert, he's Black!!! Great day for America!!! Now...gimme my gubmint cheese. Don't got to pay no mortgage; don't have to worry about putting gas in my car. "We ain't rich yet - but we's gonna be, Bobamma in da house now"!!!