Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eddy

Murtha : I'll welcome the terrorists in my district

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...9n1fAD95RRH1G0

A top House Democrat who is a leading critic of the Iraq war says he would have no qualms about transferring Guantanamo detainees to a prison in his Pennsylvania district.Suspected terrorists at the military's detention center in Cuba are "no more dangerous in my district than in Guantanamo," Rep. John Murtha told Fox News on Wednesday.

President Barack Obama planned to sign an executive order Thursday to close the prison within a year and halt military trials of those held there, The Associated Press has learned.

Murtha, who heads the powerful House subcommittee that funds the military, said he was encouraged by the president's proposal. He said there was "no reason not to put 'em in prisons in the United States and handle them the way they would handle any other prisoners."

Send them to him.I'll be glad he has them.John Murtha is a complete MORON.I wonder how the people of Penn. feel about that.Better yet rotate them every month to a liberal politicans ,media person, or Hollywood actors house .They seem to really care about them and their welfare.

What he really said is typical of all politicians:

First he clarified that he has no Federal Prisons in his District

He then stated that he only a minimum security prison in his district

(So the implication is simple the "prisoners" can not be relocated to his district)

Only after he did the clarification did he then go on to say "He would not have problem with the prisoners being relocated to his district."

He said this knowing full well that they CAN NOT be relocated to his district. Pure political BS!

View PostWhat he really said is typical of all politicians:

First he clarified that he has no Federal Prisons in his District

---

Only after he did the clarification did he then go on to say "He would not have problem with the prisoners being relocated to his district."

He said this knowing full well that they CAN NOT be relocated to his district. Pure political BS!

Um, yeah.

Unless he can get federal funding to build a NEW prison!? redface.gif

Gee, how many jobs and how much pork does that translate into...

hundreds of millions.

Keep in mind that guy's district is the one full of racists, and which re-elected Murtha after that debacle.

Sorry to anyone living there... but I kinda agree with that *******, his district is as good a place as any.

I would gladly have them all released into my backyard, one at a time, at 1 minute intervals.

Of course, I would need an occasional pause in the process to let the barrel cool a bit from time to time.