Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IronMike

6th Annual Jimmy Fund Fly, Plug - ANYTHING - Auction! CALL FOR DONATIONS!

Rate this topic

1 post in this topic

Well folks, I'm still on the bike after quite the year. But hey, no one said it would be easy. So, since I'm still vertical, I'm still committed and will once again ride in the 2009 Pan-Mass Challenge, and once again will be running Auctions, Raffles and Swaps to help push me way past the now $4,200 minimum needed to ride.

However, I've never ridden the PMC just to make the minimum and stop. I'm all about raising as much as possible to help fund new research and treatments for cancer, as well as the services provided to survivors. These funds don't just help one person - they help, literally, thousands, then millions - directly. You can see an example of how, by looking here! It's hard to connect a donation to those it helps directly, and hopefully I have been able to show you that connection.

Last year I hit my goal of $12,000 - with big THANKS TO YOU! In spite of the economic environment, I have retained my goal, because I believe in this cause. This means more work for me and I am delighted to do it. I have to reach further and deeper than I ever have to do it, but I am confident I can.

This is a CALL FOR FLIES AND PLUGS (or anything else you'd like to donate) for the 2009 Annual Jimmy Fund Fly & Plugs Auction!

I started the Jimmy Fund Auction in 2004 as a way to generate sponsorship for my ride in the Pan-Mass Challenge (http://www.pmc.org/mypmc/profiles.as...eGiftID=MM0249)

The Jimmy Fund supports the fight against cancer at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute - www.jimmyfund.org - by helping to raise the survival chances of children with cancer around the world by researching new treatments and cures. I also work at getting new protocols implemented, so others can walk a smoother road to recovery and survival.

In 2002, my son "TitaniumSam" was diagnosed and treated at Childrens Hospital for a rarely occurring form of cancer. In 2003, I started fishing less and started doing the PMC - to "give back" and so others would not have to go through this.

dna-T0OO1NA

I committed to doing this ride until Sam no longer has to go back to Childrens Hospital. He still goes, I still ride.

zZ02kCYZ7lI

This is my 7th year riding in the PMC and for 2009 I will again be doing the 200 mile ride from Sturbridge to P-Town on August 1st/2nd. I look greatly forward to trading in my race bike for a canal bike beers.gif - but it's not time yet.

Once again, I will be devoting very much of my personal time to training and especially fund raising. The training has always been the easiest part. The fund raising so much harder.

Please consider tying up a batch of flies, paint up some plugs clapping.gif and submitting them proudly! Swap meisters, please consider getting an extra fly or two from each participant and submitting the extras as a donation!

Contact me via email or PM for address.

You don't have to be famous or rich. A little In Abundance Is Alot.

Fj4nHmV4DEY

THANK YOU for helping to CANCEL cANCER - The "Big C" is toast!

beatin.gifbeatin.gifbeatin.gif