Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eddy

President Craig's Executive Orders

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

In order to effect the appropriate disposition of individuals currently detained by the Department of Defense at Guantanamo, uh, and promptly to close the detention facility at Guantanamo consistent with the national security and foreign policy interests of the United States and interests of justice, I hereby order. And we then we will then, uh, provide the process whereby Guantanamo will be closed no later than one year from now. We will be... Is there a separate executive order, Greg, with respect to how we're going to dispose of the detainees? Is that it, what we're doing?
What we're doing here is to set up a special interagency task force on detainee disposition. They are going to provide me with information in terms of how we are able to deal in the disposition of some of the detainees that may be currently in Guantanamo that we cannot transfer to other countries, who could pose a serious danger to the United States, but we cannot try because of various problems related to evidence,in a Article 3 court. So this task force is going to provide us with, a series of recommendations on that. Is that correct, Greg?
Our first African-American President has to ask Greg Craig about what is included in HIS Executive Orders.

cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

View Post

Our first African-American President has to ask Greg Craig about what is included in HIS Executive Orders.

cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

Yeah, I also heard the clip. Once again it shows that he doesn't have Clue-1. Not even about his own executive order.

He did not look very experienced asking his lawyer what was in the legal document he just signed. I thought he was so smart - harvard law review and all. What a joke.

It reminds me of the MASH episode when Radar has Colonel Blake sign things and he has no idea what he's signing. Sorry for the obscure reference.

But it is not fair to say he thought there were 60 states - he never said that.

View PostHe did not look very experienced asking his lawyer what was in the legal document he just signed. I thought he was so smart - harvard law review and all. What a joke.

It reminds me of the MASH episode when Radar has Colonel Blake sign things and he has no idea what he's signing. Sorry for the obscure reference.

But it is not fair to say he thought there were 60 states - he never said that.

You are correct, I think he mentioned 57 states. I did not hear the comment but that is the number that is always bandied about.

My guess is not many President draft their own executive orders, but you would hope that they understand what they want to have happen so that they can explain it to the people who write the executive order and not the other way around.

Closing Gitmo is just an example of how this guy will be hung by his campaign promises.

I will close Gitmo!

After talking to President Bush it may not be so easy to close Gitmo!

I issued an order that will allow 120 days to figure out for ourselves what the hell is going on in Gitmo!

You know we have to figure out what and where the prisoners can go!

Hard to believe this guy would be dumb enough to put a 1 year time stamp on closing Gitmo when he does not even know all he needs to know about Gitmo now, of course he might be feeling the pressure from all his big money supporters about keeping his promises ...... so maybe that is why he has set the 1 year timeline.

Here is a suggestion, close the place and open up another facility at the very same place and just call it by another name. He will satisfy his base because he closed GITMO and he can name the "new" place the Farrakhan Re-education Camp or the Bill Ayers Co-operative Educational Facilty wink.gif

View Post

You mean there's not 57 states?headscratch.gif

Obama is never wrong. Word is that he's about to issue an executive order stating that this country is comprised of 57 states. He is never wrong. <harrumph>

If anyone seriously thinks that Obama doesn't know that there are 50 states, I feel sorry for you. I am also amazed at your ability to operate a computer despite a severe mental deficiency.

View PostObama is never wrong. Word is that he's about to issue an executive order stating that this country is comprised of 57 states. He is never wrong. <harrumph>

I take it Washington DC, South California, Southeast California, Southwest California, West California, East California and North California shall however have electoral votes after Hussein is done?

View PostObama is never wrong. Word is that he's about to issue an executive order stating that this country is comprised of 57 states. He is never wrong. <harrumph>

After he issues the oreder he can turn to his lawwyer who will tell him EXACTLY how many states there are. Then he will read word for word and verbatim the legal language from the order and the MEDIA will say " oh look at how smart he is - he can read some of the language word for word."

what a bunch of crybabies!

really

i'm sure there were some very fine legal points that were hashed out, and the action was broken down into its digestible bits

and you blame the guy for wanting to get it right when he announced it publicly?

about par for the course for people who don't feel speaking in complete sentences is a desirable trait in a chief executive

Come on dog boy - just cause the President can't speak in complete sentences is no reason to bad-mouth him. Hope...change.....