Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WalkinTheDog

Emblem pro question.

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Ive seen more than a few threads about them. Is there a Emblem and a Emblem pro? Also, is there a replacement handle that doesnt fold? I had a couple bad experiences with folding handles. I searched a bit and was confused about there being both the emblem and the emblem pro. Thanks for the help.

I think there is only the Daiwa Emblem Pro reel. People might just refer to it as the "emblem". I've got the 5500 and haven't had any problems with the handle, although most people buy the handle from the Daiwa Emcast and put it on the Emblem Pro. I think it's simply a bigger handle. Not sure if it folds or not.

If I recall correctly I believe Bob Thomas had some issue with a Diawa handle and ended up replacing it with another model Diawa handle. Unsure if it was Emcast or Pro Emblem.

Maybe he will come in.

The EM Cast handle also is a folding model, it just has a bigger grip.

It looks to me that either could be converted to non-folding quite easily.

A non worm gear type of hose clamp, or a whipping done with some old braid, maybe even some of that real heavy duty shrink sleeve.

i had an emblem handle break on me. under any kind of stress the handle would fold. red top swapped it out for a new one, and haven't had any issues with that or the two other ones yet. i don't love the handle, but i love every other part of the reel and its a good price....can't have absolutely everything you want in a reel for under $150.

Yesterday I had emailed a Cape BT shop about availability of these reels and was told he did not think there were any in the US for sale because production was stopped last June. Found that a bit hard to believe. He also indicated the 2009's were being shipped soon with some upgrades to the handle. Guess I will wait and see as I am stuck down in southern Alabama for the winter with all of the other snow birds. Surf fishing down here sucks. Sure do enjoy this forum and check in every day.

"As far as I know there are none in the US right now. They stopped making

them last June. The new 09 series (some Up Grades on the handle ) will be

shipped to us soon."

View PostYesterday I had emailed a Cape BT shop about availability of these reels and was told he did not think there were any in the US for sale because production was stopped last June. Found that a bit hard to believe. He also indicated the 2009's were being shipped soon with some upgrades to the handle. Guess I will wait and see as I am stuck down in southern Alabama for the winter with all of the other snow birds. Surf fishing down here sucks. Sure do enjoy this forum and check in every day.

"As far as I know there are none in the US right now. They stopped making

them last June. The new 09 series (some Up Grades on the handle ) will be

shipped to us soon."

They're available at a certain bigbox/mail order store.

some times they show up on b/s/t.there usually used. i just purchased a 4500 emblem about a week ago on that forum. you might also want to try the distant casting forum one of those guys might be able to help you find what your looking for.i hope this helps.

Yes.....I had the handle fall off of my 5500 in 3 feet of water. I replaced it with the Emcast handle which has a much better grip. The pin fell out so on the new one, I pinged it with a center punch. No problems since then. Did the same to my kids. We love the reels. I e-mailed Diawa with my original problem and they sent me a new handle so now it's a spare. If their coming out with a better version, can't wait to see one.