Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StriperReleaser

I hate days like this !

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Started to put in 500 ft of 6 ft Privacy fence today . The fricken ground is frozen so hard we had to get a jackhammer just to open the holes enough to dig them out .

mad.gif

There was a time jobs like this had to wait for the ground to thaw....

Used to be concrete plants would shut down for months on end too. I now see concrete trucks every day the temps get above freezing....

Times have changed.headscratch.gif

View Post6' PVC? If it's that cold, you might need a anti-freeze for the quik-rete.

No hot water. It will just freeze again.

Chris

Chris we tamp our posts then top with concrete that we mix ourselves . We add calcium to our mix to combat the extreme cold . Gona finish up today , we set the posts yesterday gona put the sections in today .

View PostChris we tamp our posts then top with concrete that we mix ourselves . We add calcium to our mix to combat the extreme cold . Gona finish up today , we set the posts yesterday gona put the sections in today .

Do you fill the gate posts?

Chris

View PostDo you fill the gate posts?

Chris

Of course we do , with some bars inserted for extra support . I just wanted to point out we don't use weak crete . I know some guys just tamp that in the hole around the post ! shakehead.gif We install Country Estate PVC and a local eastern shore fabricator PVC , Jerrith aluminum and chain link .