Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Relli

Rhoddy in early September

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Hey everyone...

Me and a few friends have been fishing RI the last couple of years on our annual trip from Pittsburgh. Usually, we fish late September, but this year, plans will change b/c well, I'm getting married in late September.

Therefore, we are considering an early September trip this year, or scratching the idea, and opting to plan a trip elsewhere in the country during late spring/early summer. I was just curious to know if those of you that live in RI could let me know what the fishing is historically like in late Aug/early Sept.

We're just trying to figure out if we would be taking a risk by going to RI this time of year or not.

Any input is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Sometimes there are fish and sometimes there aren't, but where Rhode Island meets the ocean is always a good place to be.biggrin.gif

Thanks to all for your responses. I'll keep in touch as the date approaches. Last year we did great until the tropical depression blew through, and dumped several inches of rain on us, and ruined our last few days there. Despite the rain, we honed our kayak beaching skills, and had fun. Attached are a couple of pictures of last year's trip.

Most of the bass caught were schoolies, with a couple of keepers mixed in. One day was an all out bloodfest with blues, and albies working large pods of bait. Our best day of fishing in our lives. We have a great time in RI. Love it thereheart.gif

View PostHay gary... how many 40lbers and 50s do you have on your own plugs year after year...from the shore....

thats right you dont make plugs and your getting too old to fish.

Who needs to make plugs to catch fish?