Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TBRegime

PENN Reels in Philly?

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

My 525 MAG has malfunctioned and it's one of the best reels I've have ever owned. Can you still drop it off in North Philly and get it fixed? I heard it got bought out and is closed?

View PostMy 525 MAG has malfunctioned and it's one of the best reels I've have ever owned. Can you still drop it off in North Philly and get it fixed? I heard it got bought out and is closed?

I wish my camera phone took better pics. I was down there a few months ago, and all that was left was a rusty old sign, and the skeleton of what used to be the Penn Reels facility. I actually found myself feeling pretty sad as I drove by.

I guess what I'm saying is no, don't bring the reel there.

That photo is the Montgomery county location that has been shut down for years. Ain't no grass at Hunting Park Ave. although with the correct wind it will smell great. [Tastykake]

That's definitely not the w.hunting park location- I don't know what that picture is.headscratch.gif

I was by the w. hunting park location about a year ago and it was running fine. Last I heard they are still making "internationals" and other "conventionals" but not sure exactly which ones. I know there are no spinners made in philly anymore- they all moved to china.frown.gif I don't think they do repairs on-site I'd call before driving there, not the best neighborhood around either.cwm31.gif Good luck.

See what happens when you ASSuME. I didn't realize there was more than one location. Those pics are from the Hatfield, PA area (may even be in Hatfield). I do some business down there.

BTW, the pics are from 2 different days. I actually stopped the second time by.

The picture is the "Hatfeild plant" in Towamencin....yeah! Close enough! It was the machine shop for most of the CNC and a shipping warehouse.

I would go to Penn at Hunting Park they will take care of you. You might want to pack though.. know what I mean?

I know and was only kidding.. I actually worked for PENN back from 1981-1983 in the North Philly Plant across the street from Tastykake and PepBoys..

We use to have our summer picnic / keg / soft ball game up at that factory

and it was always a good time, I think we went undefeated agains't those country boys wink.gif

Carefully package and send your reels to:

FACTORY REPAIR SERVICE

PENN FISHING TACKLE

3028 W. HUNTING PARK AVE.

PHILADELPHIA, PA 19132

Penn Information Form:

To facilitate the processing of your reels, please fill out a Penn Repair Information Form and include it with your shipment.

Include your name and address, and a way (or ways) for us to contact you, either by phone or email. Provide the best time to contact you, either at home or at work. You should include your credit card number, expiration date, name on card and type of card. This will help speed up your transaction. If you do not include your credit card information, we will contact you when your reels arrive at Penn, and get all necessary credit card information before we begin working on your reels.

CREDIT CARDS ONLY.

Handling/Processing/Packaging/Diagnosis/SuppliesFixed fee - $9 per reel

Repair Labor Prorated by time - 40 CENTS per minute

PartsPer Consumer Price ListShippingPer UPS

To our valued Penn customers:

We regret to inform you that we are no longer able to service the

following list of Penn reels and downriggers. We appreciate your

patronage and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

ALL PRIONS

700Z

200GR / 230GR / 240GR / 250GR

350M

POWER GRAPH REELS SERIES 1, 2, 3 & 5

99M

800 / 820 DOWNRIGGERS (GRAY)

Thank you,

Penn Repair Department

View PostI lightened that pic for you...

Chris

I live 20 minutes down Rte 1 and this is definitely NOT PENN reelsin Philly. There's more crack houses and homeless than that.

But thanks guys for your info.

I guess i'll just pack it up and ship it out. That'll save me from getting shot.

id be cheaper just to buy parts yourself..

there arent that many parts inside a 525mag

or, you can always find ****** to fix and do a complete breakdown.