Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James3shin

I think I'm going to be sick...

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Want to know where and what is happening to the Striped Bass population? ----- makes me sick. 4 guys with 17 bass? These are fish preparing to breed and what do we do? We kill them. Sickening, it truly is sickening.

we have the smae problem here in hawaii with ulua and oio (GT's and bone fish)

when they come in to breed people hook huge numbers then write in with photos to magazines to brag. 1 guy 1 weekend 8 GT's over 30lb . thats crazy becasue we all know a mature fish produces more babies.

and ive seen guys wipe whole schools of breeding oio in to the 5lb + trange its stupid becasue they come in every winter to breed so when there caught there all full of eggs and with the population down as it is why be greedy *** do you need 30+ fish for when it takes you an hour to get the meat out of just one ?

its also why i dont like tournemnt weigh ins becasue people show up with everything they caught and some times the number of obviously small (no way in hell winners) is crazy

View PostYes, my friend, it's a problem. And the others you don't see that will keep anything they catch. Another problem.

Greed and vanity is killing the US economy mad.gif greed and vanity are killing our fish population mad.gif

How stupid can some people be?

Guys do this sht because they dont care about fish population, all they care about is showing off to others, selfish **** beatin.gif

28-36 inch slot for stripers, 1 fish per day and maybe a state issued tag for 1 fish per year over 45" or so, with the money from tags going to fish conservation. If this is asking to much, then lets start by decreasing the Charter boat limits to 1 fish. This will make a huge difference in the striper population. IMO most people who fish on those pay boats do it for braggin rights and could care less about the fish or where it ends up(dumpster,freezer burned etc.. ) The mates and captains don't care much either or they would encourage catch and release but they don't, cus they want to advertize at the docks that they butchered them out there.... my little rantmad.gif

View Postsome people think we are going to have another crash like the 80s.I hope that is not the case,or we are in trouble.

I am one of those people, and that is whay these greedy people tick me off. I can undersand taking a fish here and there for the table during tough times but never for greed or vanity.

It seems to me that the penalties are too minimal for poachers. I'm not familiar with this story but, in general I think it would deter people if there were a fishing license ban, bigger fine and jail time.

If I shot 3 deer this weekend in MA I'm sure I'd be in trouble....or god forbid stepped on a piping plover!

Hang out on the banks of the Hudson during the spring when 18 inch fish are being put in the coolers ... then there are the guys who keep shorts ...

18" is F'ng crazy! It's like eating a fetus.

View PostYes, my friend, it's a problem. And the others you don't see that will keep anything they catch. Another problem.

it seems like on any given day you DO SEE others keeping anything they catch mad.gif . yes it is a problem, i've tried the reporting thing, doesn't seem to be too affective. thumbd.gif