Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Soundfisher

It's not the words I use...

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

The left hates when the right refers to Obama as the Messiah, the 2nd coming, etc...

Personally, I don't engage in this rhetoric as I only have one God and as Chuck stated correctly, it's an insult to anyone who has a faith.

But for Dems to get irritated by these monikers is downright comical considering these words are coming out of the.....yep, you guessed it....the Dems mouths. rolleyes.gif Comparing one to any biblical figures is not only assanine, but dangerous.

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/conten...x?RsrcID=42227

When any man...yes, even Obama is placed on such a pedestal, there is no place to go but down.

And this is why there is a side of me that feels bad for him. Good luck Mr. President, you're going to need it.

View PostThe left hates when the right refers to Obama as the Messiah, the 2nd coming, etc...

Personally, I don't engage in this rhetoric as I only have one God and as Chuck stated correctly, it's an insult to anyone who has a faith.

But for Dems to get irritated by these monikers is downright comical considering these words are coming out of the.....yep, you guessed it....the Dems mouths. rolleyes.gif Comparing one to any biblical figures is not only assanine, but dangerous.

When any man...yes, even Obama is placed on such a pedestal, there is no place to go but down.

And this is why there is a side of me that feels bad for him. Good luck Mr. President, you're going to need it.

So, in your world Don King saying Obama is like Joshua is representative of Democrats calling Obama the messiah?

Weird man.

Wow...John...take the blinders off. All those comments were made by Democrats....comparing Obama to biblical figures. Believe it or not, there are those that listen to these idiots and actually believe what they say....and then parrot those words to others. By the way, there are some quotes from highly respectable individuals who people actually look up to.

Just don't get pissed when others refer to him as the Messiah. It's the Kool-Aid drinkers who are feeding this idiotic Fox News created moniker.

The point is, it's not only the right that if feeding this phenomenon.

View PostWow...John...take the blinders off. All those comments were made by Democrats....comparing Obama to biblical figures. Believe it or not, there are those that listen to these idiots and actually believe what they say....and then parrot those words to others. By the way, there are some quotes from highly respectable individuals who people actually look up.

Just don't get pissed when others refer to him as the Messiah. It's the Kool-Aid drinkers who are feeding this idiotic Fox News created moniker.

The point is, it's not only the right that if feeding this phenomenon.

I'll bite. Links to quotes by actual democrats calling Obama the Messiah are being solicited. Please provide.

View PostI'll bite. Links to quotes by actual democrats calling Obama the Messiah are being solicited. Please provide.

Here you go. An entire blog devoted to the Obama cult. And that was just from an "I feel lucky" google search on Obama Messiah. Obama Messiah

How about Farrakhan. Is he democrat enough for you "When he talks the Messiah is speaking". Farrakhan

View PostHere you go. An entire blog devoted to the Obama cult. And that was just from an "I feel lucky" google search on Obama Messiah. Obama Messiah

How about Farrakhan. Is he democrat enough for you "When he talks the Messiah is speaking". Farrakhan

No, Farrakhan isn't a Democrat and he's not calling Obama the Messiah.

None of the names on your other link that I recognized called him a Messiah either.

Oh, I see.... it can't just be a bunch of democrats. It has to be someone on your "approved list" that you recognize and consider to be a democrat. A whole bunch of ordinary old democrats won't do... well, damn, man..... if you wanted to put all those stipulations in there, you should have done so in the first place and then we could have just skipped all this. I really should have known, though. My bad.

View PostOh, I see.... it can't just be a bunch of democrats. It has to be someone on your "approved list" that you recognize and consider to be a democrat. A whole bunch of ordinary old democrats won't do... well, damn, man..... if you wanted to put all those stipulations in there, you should have done so in the first place and then we could have just skipped all this. I really should have known, though. My bad.

You have to come up with the truth before you find out if I can handle it. The "Obama Messiah" label was a right wing straw man that was at least explainable as a desperate election ploy. Now it's just sad.

View PostThe left hates when the right refers to Obama as the Messiah, the 2nd coming, etc...

Of course there's some nutjobs out there (ie. Don King), and I don't doubt that some rubes think he's the Messiah, but I haven't run across a single real life Obama supporter (and I know many) that considers him the Messiah. The only people I've seen refer to him as such are the Team republican haters.

This is like taking white supremecists and letting them talk for all Republicans. I can't imagine it would be appropriate to assign their pet names for Obama to a whole class of rational people.

It's a strawman and little more.

View PostOh ye of little faith....

http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/o...e_messiah.html

Do some of your own googling, lazy boy. As Fox Mulder would say, "The truth is out there".

You won't like it, but it's out there. biggrin.gif

And I get a link to someone TRYING to make someone else say Obama is the Messiah and being rejected.

Still, a right wing game that lost when it counted and is only being repeated now out of habit by those who can't or won't think for themselves.

John, I gave you a link to an entire blog dedicated to the nutty idea that Obama is the Messiah. Pull a few quotes off that and you've got the quotes you were demanding. Period. Deal with it.

There's enough of that sort of nuttiness going around from real live left-wing idiots to give the moniker "messiah" legs. You might not like it, but that's the way it is. You went fishing and came home skunked. It's not the end of the world. You can try again another day.