Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xmytruck

Pork rind

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Hello

I reading doc's boook on bucktailing and I am on the pork rind section and I am confused on how he rigs his rind. The way he states on how to place the pork rind is confusing I always thought that you place the rind as you would on an open hook drop shot.. Any one got a pic on how they do it or Doc states.

thx

x

View Posttake the rind and hook it in the fat part so it looks fitting on a bucktail.

That what I thought it would be.. the same as fishing a jig and pig, but he states about putting the hook in the slit and I am not sure if means where the rind splits into a V or is there a small slit in uncle josh rinds?

thx

x

View PostThat what I thought it would be.. the same as fishing a jig and pig, but he states about putting the hook in the slit and I am not sure if means where the rind splits into a V or is there a small slit in uncle josh rinds?

thx

x

Uncle Josh rinds have a small pre cut slit for the hook.

If you look on google they may have the site where it shows the illusive slit. I just looked at mine and it's there. Not to highjack the thread but which way does the red side go, up or down?

View PostThat what I thought it would be.. the same as fishing a jig and pig, but he states about putting the hook in the slit and I am not sure if means where the rind splits into a V or is there a small slit in uncle josh rinds?

thx

x

the small slit @ the front of the porkrind,sometimes it's hard to find,poke around with the hook

Right-hook pork through the slit. Now tell me how to get it off easily. I read "Docs" book and still hAVE PROBLEMS REMOVING THE RIND WITHOUT PULLING AND TUGGING HARD. hELP ME OUT . smile.gif

View PostRight-hook pork through the slit. Now tell me how to get it off easily. I read "Docs" book and still hAVE PROBLEMS REMOVING THE RIND WITHOUT PULLING AND TUGGING HARD. hELP ME OUT . smile.gif

Crush your barb. You might lose fish on a fixed hook bucktail, but a barbless hook makes things easier on many levels.

View PostIf you look on google they may have the site where it shows the illusive slit. I just looked at mine and it's there. Not to highjack the thread but which way does the red side go, up or down?

Doc states up...

View PostThats right, just hook the rind to the bucktail just has you would a jig & pig for freshwater.

Very cool thx... Where do you guys get your rind from I check basspro and cabelas and they do not sell 240..

thx

x