Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Purser

My Personal First Day Favorite Act

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

View Post

President Obama has begun tearing down the wall of secrecy that were among the first things Bush built. Couldn't ask for a better start in a free nation.

Looks like Clinton is in for some bad times....

Yes, nary a moment of 'secrecy' in the old Clinton Administration. rolleyes.gifkooky.gif

Something only implemented by those dastardly Bush's, eh wot? cwm13.gifshakehead.gif

I see the withdrawl symtoms of chronic BDS, whilst not fatal, have debilitating mental delusions involved. cwm27.gif

I wonder if he did this for open govt. or if he did it to get documents out to feed the savages still hellbent on going after Bush for what ever perceived crimes they can come up with. I hope it was the former - otherwise it's partisan hackery at its finest.

We'll see

View PostThe Clinton's didn't enact these secrecy rules. Bush did. Sorry you are still hung up on them but if you are at least get the facts right.

You should get your facts straight. If you don't have the proper security clearance, then it is secret to you. Duh!

How about Pelosi writing legislation with a few select members behind closed doors. Her Democratic lackey comrades are even crying about it.cwm27.gifcwm27.gif

Senior House Democrats have a message for their Speaker: We're mad as hell, and we're only taking it this one last time.

As congressional Democrats take the lead in responding to the sinking economy, subcommittee and even some full-committee chairmen - who normally wield significant influence in writing legislation - have been forced to wait on the sidelines as monumental bills are written in Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-Calif.) office.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...009-01-15.html

Yall really don't get the concept of having a president focused on governing in secret do you? Bush actually made a rule saying anything he did was none of your business even after he left office! If Pelosi writes a bill in her office she still has to show it to everybody or it's just her scribbling. If Obama doesn't invite the press to every meeting that doesn't stop the records from showing up in the national archives subject to FOIA requests.

This is not "the same as" or even close.

View PostYou should get your facts straight. If you don't have the proper security clearance, then it is secret to you. Duh!

there is a big difference between classified (secret) for legitimate security reasons,

and "extra-double-plus-secret" cuz i'm the decider and i say so secret

View Postthere is a big difference between classified (secret) for legitimate security reasons,

and "extra-double-plus-secret" cuz i'm the decider and i say so secret

Who decides what's classified and extra double secret? How is it determined?

Who knows...perhaps this is a good thing, but deep down, I suspect there are things that the populace is just simply better off just not knowing.