Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinambition

Question for motivated people.

Rate this topic

69 posts in this topic

This pertains to work. Is it difficult to stay motivated? For me it's real tough. I have lotsa self discipline when it comes to certain things, but when it comes to work I've always been a gross underachiever and now that I'm self-employed it's costing me big. I was always described as a lazy student by my educators and managed a's and b's with zero effort. I lose focus very easily and it's a real chore to concentrate on something unless there's a hard deadline.

View PostYeah for me it is... I should be studying right now...

How are you in class? I was a total clown. I had to for some classes a couple years ago and decided that since I'm in my 30's that I could be a "good student". Wrong. While I didnt act out, I could not pay attention for for than a few minutes before drifting away into la-la land. No matter how hard I tried it was almost painful to remain focused.

Yeah I'm alright, I'm in 9th grade now so I'm making the effort a little more since college depends on this, and life pretty much depends on college so...

But yeah I goof off in a lot of my classes but I still get by with better than average grades. We took the PSATs and I placed in the 53rd percentile for college seeking JUNIORS... I'm a freshman.

View PostThis pertains to work. Is it difficult to stay motivated? For me it's real tough. I have lotsa self discipline when it comes to certain things, but when it comes to work I've always been a gross underachiever and now that I'm self-employed it's costing me big. I was always described as a lazy student by my educators and managed a's and b's with zero effort. I lose focus very easily and it's a real chore to concentrate on something unless there's a hard deadline.

Your failure is not enough to motivate you? Good democrat.

Failure is not a "hard deadline"? Better democrat.

Any chance that it has to do with your jobs? Maybe you're not really interested in what you're doing. For example, if you had a job as a product reviewer for a tackle company (this is a fishing website) or a product designer maybe you'd be more focused? I know if I could find a similar paying job playing guitar or enough to support my family, I would be much more motivated.

View PostYour failure is not enough to motivate you? Good democrat.

Failure is not a "hard deadline"? Better democrat.

Way to cut a guy. frown.gifwink.gif

I didnt say failure, just underachiever. Although I do at times feel like kind of a failure. I get by fine. But getting by is not a goal anyone should aspire towards. It's startin to really bug me.

View PostAny chance that it has to do with your jobs? Maybe you're not really interested in what you're doing. For example, if you had a job as a product reviewer for a tackle company (this is a fishing website) or a product designer maybe you'd be more focused? I know if I could find a similar paying job playing guitar or enough to support my family, I would be much more motivated.

In the past that's exactly what I thought it was. In 2005 I started a career that I like more than anything I've ever done. I get to sneak off to fish without requesting time off, I'm not subjected to ridiculous office politics or told that I'm insensitive by HR. I get to be a little creative. I get to write, which I enjoy very much. And I get to analyze data and report my opinion. Best of all, I'm always learning. It requires a broad skillset which is great for someone like me who has bounced around and held positions in both the blue and white collar worlds. Yet I find myself staring at my computer screen or heckling Fnm for hours. Valuable hours.

I'm in a pretty recession proof business so I have little fear of unemployment. At least for the time being.