Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mfm22

How long is too long?? to wait

13 posts in this topic

How long should one wait for payment after buyer" Takes it" ?

Also ,what to do [if anything] if payment isn't sent . frown.gif

Items not sent to buyer because of payment pending

Does it pay to make a stink out of this , or just let it go ??

I think anything over a week is pushing it, whether it be the payment or the goods. If payment never comes all you can do is relist and let people know what happened in the original thread so others can be aware.

View PostI think anything over a week is pushing it, whether it be the payment or the goods. If payment never comes all you can do is relist and let people know what happened in the original thread so others can be aware.

I agree.........

I wait a week after im supposed to have the item/payment. Then I relist it. This has happened twice to me already since i've been here. I let it go but it's really inconsiderate. If it happens again im gonna pm Tim, I just hate bothering him with BS. I know he has other things to worry about.

If payment doesn't arrive a week after the person says they sent it - and they have not contacted you with a legitimate explanation - PM me with all the details. Please don't make me ask you for the details, it makes me much less likely to want to get involved when I have to hound someone with "which member?" - "which thread?" - "when did they say they sent it?" - etc, etc, etc.

People who don't pay and don't keep the seller up to date get a 4 point infraction.

TimS

Being a buyer who uses postal mo's, a week after payment said is sent is fair. Usually I send out that day or next morning, on the average two days or less to seller. I don't know why a person should have to wait that long for paypal? I thought sellers use it for immediate paymentheadscratch.gifbiggrin.gif bubs

I figured a week to 10 days is cool.

I understand stuff happens ,but man up!

Whats more important than you word ?

I agree ,hate to bother Tim with this petty BS.

View PostI figured a week to 10 days is cool.

I understand stuff happens ,but man up!

Whats more important than you word ?

I agree ,hate to bother Tim with this petty BS.

It may seem petty, but if its the same person over and over again then they don't need to have access to the BST forum.

When I buy from the BST I always use a MO I send it out the same day or the next day. I post in the thread, and send a PM that payment was sent. If I don't hear from the buyer in 3-4 days I assume he recieved it. I would guess I should recieve the item with in ten days. If not I will contact the buyer and take it from there.

1 week is more then enough I think. I had a member here say he would buy something, I waited a week then sent him a PM. He said sorry I forgot? what is that? then he said he would send it out right away. Another week went by and nothing. So I told him even if it showed up I would send it back- it never showed up.

Thinking about what Tim wrote on the shipping responsibilities thread, even though it is not SOL doctrine and only Tim's MO, I think there should be rules on payments- 24 hours on a paypal deal, 5 business days for a MOto arrive.

Items hould be shipped within a week for MOs and personal checks, and within 48hrs for paypal.

If the buyer reneges with a reason, no harm done unles he/she does it again to another buyer, still with a reason. Then the points get hammered down. If a buyer backs out for a speculaive reason, or no reason at all, no communication, then automatic 4 strikes (unless we later learn that he/she was in a real bind such as being overseas, abducted, badly injured, won the lottery and shacked up in the Playboy Mansion or went on a Bunny Ranch spending spree, or worse).

Seller is reponsible for shipping items with tracking & insurance, or just sginature confirmation. These services should be calculated into the seller's price so buyer & seller don't get into a lowballing war.

Thoughts?

I shipped an EVO 2 out today w/ tracking & insurance up to my sale price (not value) for $50. Buyer didn't want any additional services. Cost me $7.50 or so when all said & done, but now I have peace of mind.