Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VinnyBocchino

beachmaster prices

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

i don't really pay attention to beachmaster plugs, but from what i've noticed it seems to me that the prices of them dropped considerably. true? and if so why?

-vinny

It's a buyers market right now,, prices are coming down.. Sellers are no-longer getting the over inflated plug prices. Just not BM but alot of the others aswell..

It's a good thing,, I can't believe the selection that is up for sale right now and at some great prices, but even at that things don't seem to be selling real quickly and maybe the bottom is still a ways off still..

Also BMs are still being made by what appears to be the thousands. Danny's and Wadds only fetch retail prices $30-35 because they were the ones most recently produced. Wadds are still available in online B&Ts if you look around. From the word on the street the spin atoms will be next so expect those prices to plummet in the next 6 months, then probably the Jrs. The only BMs that should hold inflated values are the Darters and some of the older obscure plugs (Trollers, poppers,conrads,slant heads, etc)

Retail prices on those new BM's are also much higher lately then in years past and thats keeping them in stock longer which also keeps the after market prices for them in check somewhat...

Guys if the plugs are redicoulously high don't buy them it's only a plug!!!! These plug builders want you to think their plugs are leaving the planet soon so they charge astronomical prices for them!!!! That's what makes them valuable and they don't make alot of them!!! But it's them laughing all the way to the bank!!!!! I understand some plugs are made a little better than others. Unless they've been around forever guaranteeing you catch bigger fish than everyone else's!!!! Or the fact that a famed plug builder is no longer around that it might hold some value. But they all catch from a 5$ plug to a 55$ plug. I doubt the fish know the difference!!! So guys use your head! And hey if your a collector whole different story But not everyone is!!! So if their expensive don't buy them!!! Just buy what your budget allows!!!!

Thank you very much have a nice day!!!!!!!

smile.gif

yeah because i was reading an old thread about the prices of the musso wadd needlefish and everyone was saying how you can get $50-$60 each for one, when i see them being sold now for $30 and i seen a WTS thread and 4 new beachmaster dannys were going for $110.

View PostGuys if the plugs are redicoulously high don't buy them it's only a plug!!!! These plug builders want you to think their plugs are leaving the planet soon so they charge astronomical prices for them!!!! That's what makes them valuable and they don't make alot of them!!! But it's them laughing all the way to the bank!!!!! I understand some plugs are made a little better than others. Unless they've been around forever guaranteeing you catch bigger fish than everyone else's!!!! Or the fact that a famed plug builder is no longer around that it might hold some value. But they all catch from a 5$ plug to a 55$ plug. I doubt the fish know the difference!!! So guys use your head! And hey if your a collector whole different story But not everyone is!!! So if their expensive don't buy them!!! Just buy what your budget allows!!!!

smile.gif

they seem to catch the fisherman more than the fish, thats why all of the plugs i buy are gibbs and super strike, IMO no need for a fancy plug that will work just as good as one priced $20 lower than it. The only thing I will spend some $ on is the old wood mussos because i like to collect them and maybe a hab's or 2 but thats it

View PostGuys if the plugs are redicoulously high don't buy them it's only a plug!!!! These plug builders want you to think their plugs are leaving the planet soon so they charge astronomical prices for them!!!! That's what makes them valuable and they don't make alot of them!!! But it's them laughing all the way to the bank!!!!! I understand some plugs are made a little better than others. Unless they've been around forever guaranteeing you catch bigger fish than everyone else's!!!! Or the fact that a famed plug builder is no longer around that it might hold some value. But they all catch from a 5$ plug to a 55$ plug. I doubt the fish know the difference!!! So guys use your head! And hey if your a collector whole different story But not everyone is!!! So if their expensive don't buy them!!! Just buy what your budget allows!!!!

smile.gif

The builders dont do anything to promote their sales. They sell there plugs to shop for low prices and the shop sells them for low prices. BM doesn't call his lure the best of the best, hell he doesn't even put them in packages or post pictures of his plugs on the forums.

Collectors are the ones that make these prices high.

I buy these plugs and I fish thes plugs. I fish them because they last and they are one of the only big profile plugs I can find. They also have a finish as hard as nails. Unlike gibbs or other lower class plugs I can fish the same plugs for season after season.

So don't talk smack about beachmaster. They have caught hundreds of big fish. They have become valuable to collectors because they have been so succesfull in the past.

Beachwarrior look in most good surfcasters bags. They will have beachmasters, habs, etc. yes they will have a couple superstrikes, redfins but they reach for beachmasters because they catch bigfish.

View PostOh those plug builders...laughing all the way to the bank!headscratch.gif

Wholesale I make 3$ a plug.....if I am lucky.

Yeah, I gotta say I don't know how or why plug builders do what they do. Not exactly a get rich biz if you ask me. If I made plugs,I'd be charging a lot more than what I've been paying for the lures I use. On the other hand, I won't shell out 50 to a hundred bucks a pop for something I might snap off on a cast, either. It's whatever the market will bear, though, so if guys are willing to pay that kinda dough, then I guess it's worth whatever satisfaction that spensive plugs give.

Valentine

The price of BM's will probably go back up in a couple of years anyway. He builds 1 style or maybe 2 each year, so right now Danny's and Wadds are cheaper. Come 2 years from now when you want a yellow or white to replace the one you lost you'll be paying more $$$