Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RegDunlop

Obama and the market

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

View PostWow the Obama effect .....He killed the market yesterday...and the slaughter continues today

Biggest Inaugaral Day loss EVER

Obama made history in a lot of ways

this was already started by another right wing partisan.....

Down 4 percent on Inaugaration Day. A Record has never happened before....I thought BO inspired optimism in everything

Now its up 1 percent for the day after being down 1 percent earlier...let's see how it closes

View Postits called people makin money on a downturn.. buyin low raising the market till they sell out and then it plumits again... --its been happening for months now--

Years to come as well. No news here.

to blame or give credit to a president on a daily basis whether the market is up or down is pretty silly. the market wasnt down everytime bush made a speech and isnt going either direction because of what obama says.

on a macro level, maybe it works, but dont give obama credit for what happened yesterday, or today. its just plain dumb. if the dow is at 5000 in 6 months or at 11000, then yea, maybe you can make a case for it.

View Postto blame or give credit to a president on a daily basis whether the market is up or down is pretty silly. the market wasnt down everytime bush made a speech and isnt going either direction because of what obama says.

on a macro level, maybe it works, but dont give obama credit for what happened yesterday, or today. its just plain dumb. if the dow is at 5000 in 6 months or at 11000, then yea, maybe you can make a case for it.

I found it funny though that weewee started a thread like this....

after blaming Greenspan for all bush's ills he did an about face pretty quick,

and is now watching the market by the minute and evaluating Obama's performance by the hour.

View PostI found it funny though that weewee started a thread like this....

after blaming Greenspan for all bush's ills he did an about face pretty quick,

and is now watching the market by the minute and evaluating Obama's performance by the hour.

no, i posted that to point out how silly it sounds to blame the president for the stock market. like some partisan hacks here have been for a while.

View Postno, i posted that to point out how silly it sounds to blame the president for the stock market. like some partisan hacks here have been for a while.

wow,

then you did a terrible job at that....

Obama has affected the market to some degree...

consumer confidence and what not....

which is NOT an affect based on policy....

but over the long term the market will reflect the health of the economy,

and a president does play a significant role in that...

swing and a miss,

but don't stop trying to absolve bush at all costs,

including credibility.

View Post

swing and a miss,

but don't stop trying to absolve bush at all costs,

including credibility.

GWB isn't responsible for creating the $1.4 quadrillion credit default swap market, nor is he responsible for the $65 trillion U.S. commercial loan market, nor is he responsible for xxx gazillion dollar residential mortgage market. These all had roots in previous administrations and fed chairs.

Why am I pointing out these numbers ad nauseam?

Because it's gonna cost anywhere between $5 to $7 trillion to clean this all up. The implied cost of all this ... wipes out the stock market. To ZERO.

No amount of revived consumer confidence via a Barackolyptic pep talk is going to fight this tide. Because consumers are TAPPED OUT. Any stimulus checks folks get are likely going to be used to pay down credit card debt.

Nothing is going to change substantively until BHO and Congress give folks an incentive to save.

Think about it ... if you're taxing 30-40% of somebody earned wages, tax interest income, bring interest rates down to near zero percent, and allow deductions for mortage interest ... what kind of madness is the fed.gov incenting? Spending and borrowing!

The fix is to stop the fed.gov printing press, cut fed.gov spending, pay down debt, and raise interest rates to promote savings.

Doesn't look like it's gonna happen, this is so against the firmly ingrained DNA of our Congresscritters.

"Yes we can ... go bankrupt!"

yes weewee,

in my little rubber room I have a thread entitled economic girly man,

where I have stated that we are screwed.....

and while I don't give ALL the blame to Bush,

I give a LOT of it.

He's been there for the past 8 years and things GOT WORSE..

the debt skyrocketed,

and for 8 years he could have ADDRESSED the problems that you say aren't his fault.... it's his fault for ignoring them.

it's not an all or nothing proposition,

it IS possible to say Bush has a share of the blame for our current economic woes.....

an admission you seem doggedly determined to resist.....

why?!!?

View Post

an admission you seem doggedly determined to resist.....

why?!!?

because the american people deserve to know who really caused this economic mess.

it's too convenient to blame bush, when the real damage was caused by messrs greenspan and bernanke.

the american people just don't understand this.