Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
canal-rat

motor for dryer

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

my drying motor is real cheap. i used the motor from my micro wave it spins at 3 rpm has plenty of torque and my finishes come out great for me.

just my .02 if you are looking for cheap.

I picked up a disco ball motor on-line for about $8. I use it for both drying flies and drying rods. It has a metal shaft protruding out of the motor and I just made two different attachments depending on what I'm using it for.

Why would you guys want to take the chance with a used rotisserie motor?

I found a nice gear motor on Grainger for short money, a coupler, a pvc end cap with some bolts and you are in business. Thing is guaranteed by Grainger to run nonstop and is rated for more than the load of a saltwater load. And it was all under 50, maybe even 40 bucks...

You are going to put all that time into a rod, and then let it spin on an old bbq motor.....

I have to agree with Stroth. I suffered a big disappointment when I discovered my used bbq motor had shut down over night and the rod had ugly sags in the finish. I went to bed feeling good and woke to a heartbreak.

That being said, what an I using now? Another used bbq motor. I wrap maybe 2 or 3 rods a year.

View PostWhy would you guys want to take the chance with a used rotisserie motor?

I found a nice gear motor on Grainger for short money, a coupler, a pvc end cap with some bolts and you are in business. Thing is guaranteed by Grainger to run nonstop and is rated for more than the load of a saltwater load. And it was all under 50, maybe even 40 bucks...

You are going to put all that time into a rod, and then let it spin on an old bbq motor.....

Have any part #'s on what you picked up?