Sautéed Venison Medallions

Rate this topic

This is a simple recipe that turns venison tenderloins into little mouth watering morsels. It has been my experience that when most people have there deer processed or butcher it themselves the #1 mistake is cutting the steaks and loins too thick. If they are too thick by the time you have cooked the meat you usually end up with something that has the texture of leather and all of the natural flavor is gone. This recipe gets around that.

Place frozen tenderloins in microwave and defrost just enough so you can cut them into 1/4 inch or slightly thicker pieces.

Add butter, dash of oil, and chopped onions in pan and brown on low heat.

Add tenderloins....flavor with spices of your liking. I use seasoned salt, garlic powder, lemon and pepper, and regular salt and pepper slightly heavy on the pepper. Increase heat to 3/4 brown on one side turn and repeat on the other side. This should take no more than 8 to 10 minutes.

Increase heat to max. Add 1/4 bottle of your favorite lager (mine is Sam Adams winter lager). Sear the tenderloins on both sides. It should take no more than 5 to 8 minutes and all of the lager will be absorbed or cooked off.

This works great with steaks too. Hope you like it.

"Sweet songs never last too long on broken radios" Sam Stone / John Prine