Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
put_em_back

Finally...

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Finally made it out with a fried to the Delta on Sunday. The weather was fantastic and the water was nice in a lot of areas. The 70mph runs were cold in the early morning, but were welcome in the late afternoon.

I only got one baby 7 lb striper into the boat, but got a few bites and one more nice hook up that turned into the current, peeled some line off and said goodbye.

We threw some topwater, hair raisers, rattle traps and swim baits. All my hits came on swim baits.

Great day and its a good start, for me, for the year.

Learned that using my spooning rod for topwater wasn't going to work. I need a 7 to 8 ft rod that has a nice soft tip for topwater. I've gotten some good feedback and need to head to the store to try some rods.

View Post

Learned that using my spooning rod for topwater wasn't going to work. I need a 7 to 8 ft rod that has a nice soft tip for topwater. I've gotten some good feedback and need to head to the store to try some rods.

Make sure to check out the Bucara by Loomis, i have the 915C and freaking love that stick, very very versatile.

From what Odasan said, thats not the only stick you love......

View PostMake sure to check out the Bucara by Loomis, i have the 915C and freaking love that stick, very very versatile.

View PostFrom what Odasan said, thats not the only stick you love......

cwm13.gif This coming from the guy that baits Santacruiser and Fixter about man forts?

Yeah, but I'm never in the Manfort when I tell the story biggrin.gif.

Hey, how can I be implicated in those stories. I am just repeating things that Santacruzer said. I may not repeat them exactly the same way. It may not even be the same conversation, but the words "in front", "manfort", "showed me his pikie" and "dark" were all said. I've got a bad memory so sometimes the stories come out worded a be differentlywink.gif.

View Postcwm13.gif This coming from the guy that baits Santacruiser and Fixter about man forts?

man forts, are we talking about man forts.......man forts, are we talkin about manforts..........man forts, are we talkin about man forts..........man forts, are we talkin about man forts........biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

wuzzup CraigstersHappyWave.gif

View Postman forts, are we talking about man forts.......man forts, are we talkin about manforts..........man forts, are we talkin about man forts..........man forts, are we talkin about man forts........biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

wuzzup CraigstersHappyWave.gif

Hey Craig...you have a customer. biggrin.gif